As Ash and co. head for his next Gym Battle in Azalea Town they come across an elderly sensei named Muramasa and his Scizor. He enlists their help to help one of his more arrogant students, Shingo, who uses his laptop to predict the outcome of any and all Pokémon battles he might have, but Muramasa believes this is wrong. Can Ash help Shingo see that there is more to battling than what a computer screen says?
- Some shots of the Heracross/Scizor battle are digitally colored, foreshadowing the animation style of episodes from Pokémon: Master Quest onward.
- Misty made a reference to Prima from OI018: The Mandarin Island Miss Match about relying on the power within.
- It seems that this time, Brock pulls Misty away rather than the usual when Misty pulls Brock away whenever he loves to a girl.
- False Swipe dosen't knock out a Pokémon, even though Shingo had Blade use the attack to do so.
- "Reaction speed .34. To Blade that's like standing still."
Shingo about Team Rocket.
- "Ok, Quick Attack would do it."
Shingo commanding Blade to attack.
- "Don't try to chase after it Heracross. Relax and let it come to you."
Ash using patience.
- "Blade stand up! STAND! They can't win!"
Shingo feeling the heat of battling.