On their way to Violet City, Ash and co meet Casey, new trainer and a vapid fan of the Electabuzz baseball team. But when Ash makes jokes about it, a battle happens between the two. After the battle Casey's pride has been shattered and she runs off crying. Will Casey let her first defeat get her down? And why would Team Rocket help her?
- "We're gonna train hard, hit hard and knock everybody out of the box! We're in the big leagues so we're playing hardball!"
Casey's first line
- "One, two, three strikes, they're out! The side is retired and Chikorita wins the game!"
Casey to her Chikorita.
- Casey: "Bad idea."
Ash: "I tried to tell ya."
Casey: "Thanks a lot."
Ash: "Don't mention it."
- Casey: "You quit saying bad things about the Electabuzz. They're gonna beat everybody!"
Ash: "The Electabuzz couldn't beat an egg."
Casey: "Oh yeah? And what about all the great hitters that are on the Electabuzz?"
Ash: "Those guys aren't hitters. I've seen better swings on a playground."
Casey: "(GASP!) That's the last straw!"
- "Just leave me alone!"
Casey after she was beaten by Ash.
- "Daddy, grandpa, you're... girl's a loser."
Casey after she tripped and fell.
- The air date between the Japanese and English versions of this episode were exactly one year apart.
- Casey was the new Trainer Professor Elm mentioned in the JE001: Don't Touch That 'dile.