Infernape is based upon the ape as cleared from its name.Its color is brown and it has flame of fire over its head.A brown tail is also present.Its fist resembles the man's fist having power to use fighting type moves.It has several gold plates that cover its body on its shoulders, wrists, knees, and chest. Infernape's arms, legs, and tail are a dark brown color while its upper body, forelegs, and head are white. It is the fastest starter of the Sinnoh starters last evolutions. It has brown ears but inside it's blue. Its feet are white but the toes are blue.
Infernape seems to be very energetic Pokémon as seen in anime.It never gives up.It is very loyal to its trainer and tries harder to win.
|Black 2/White 2||Trade||None|
Side Game Locations
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Dark Crater Pit (B6F-B14F)|
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia||Volcano Cave|
|Pokémon Rumble||Fiery Furnace|
In the Anime
In the Manga
In the Pokémon Adventures Manga, Pearl owns an Infernape.
- Infernape shares the same species as Charmeleon, Charizard, Flareon and Moltres. All known as Flame Pokémon.
- Infernape is the shortest of all the final form starter Pokémon, with 3 ft. 11 in.
- Infernape is loosely based on the character Son Gokū (hence its Japanese name "Goukazaru"), the "Monkey King"
- Infernape is the only fully evolved Sinnoh Starter not to have a unique type combination, as Torterra has Grass/Ground type, while Empoleon has Water/Steel type. It shares its type with Blaziken and Emboar. It is also the only fully evolved Sinnoh starter not to be immune to Sandstorm, as Torterra is part Ground, while Empoleon is part Steel. It is also the only fully evolved Sinnoh starter not to have an immunity, as Torterra is immune to Electric attacks, while Empoleon is immune to Poison attacks.
- Despite its HeartGold and SoulSilver entry implies, Infernape cannot learn Agility.
- Infernape has the Highest stat of non-legendary Pokémon
Infernape received its name from the words "Inferno" which means fire and "Ape" which means tailless monkey even though Infernape has one. Its Japanese name Goukazaru (ゴウカザル) is reference to the Japanese name of Sun Wukong, the Monkey King (whom this Pokémon is based on) from "Journey To The West", Son Gokū.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data