Ice Burn is a move that was introduced in Generation V. It's one of Kyurem's signiture moves. It's an Ice type-move. Ice Burn also deals damage with 140 power and 90% accuracy. This move has a 30% chance of burning the foe's Pokémon.
On the second turn, an ultracold, freezing wind surrounds the target. This may leave the target with a burn.
Ice Burn deals damage, has a 30% chance of burning the target.
Ice Burn does nothing on the turn it is selected, other than state that the user is charging. This charge turn can be skipped using a Power Herb. On the following turn, Ice Burn will deal damage, PP will be deducted from it, and it will count as the last move used. Once Ice Burn is selected, the user won't be able to switch out until it is disrupted or fully executed.
If Ice Burn is not fully executed, PP will not be deducted from it, and it will not count as the last move used. If the target uses Mirror Move during the turn that the user is charging, Mirror Move will copy the move that the user executed immediately before using Ice Burn (or fail if it can't).
- Ice Burn is the only Ice-type move that is able to cause burn.
- This move seems to draw reference to both Reshiram and Kyurem, as it is an Ice-type move and its side-effect are related to the Fire type.
- Along with Freeze Shock, Ice Burn has the highest base power of all Ice-type moves.
- Currently, no one can learn this move even though it's Kyurem's signature move
- Currently, you can only learn Freeze Shock (or Bolt) and Ice Burn by AR (Action Replay)
- The animation for the actual attacking part is very similar to that of Blue Flare.
- The Pokemon White 2 mascot, currently known as "White Kyurem" may have this as a signiture move.