|This article needs the latest image.|
Reason: "Gen V image in use".
|(つららおとし Cold Flare)|
|PP:||5 (max. 8)|
|Secondary Effect:||30% chance burning target|
|On the second turn, an ultracold, freezing wind surrounds the target. This may leave the target with a burn.|
Ice Burn deals damage, has a 30% chance of burning the target.
Ice Burn does nothing on the turn it is selected, other than state that the user is charging. This charge turn can be skipped using a Power Herb. On the following turn, Ice Burn will deal damage, PP will be deducted from it, and it will count as the last move used. Once Ice Burn is selected, the user won't be able to switch out until it is disrupted or fully executed.
If Ice Burn is not fully executed, PP will not be deducted from it, and it will not count as the last move used. If the target uses Mirror Move during the turn that the user is charging, Mirror Move will copy the move that the user executed immediately before using Ice Burn (or fail if it can't).
By Leveling UpEdit
| Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
- Ice Burn is the only Ice-type move that is able to inflict a burn.
- This move seems to draw reference to both Reshiram and Kyurem, as it is an Ice-type move and its side-effect are related to the Fire type.
- Along with Freeze Shock, Ice Burn has the highest base power of all Ice-type moves.
- The animation for the actual attacking part is very similar to that of Blue Flare.
- Main article: Ice Burn/Gallery