Heracross is a large, blue, winged bipedal beetle. It has a capsule-shaped thorax similar to Pinsir's, a pair of yellow eyes and two clawed arms and feet. Growing from its head is a large T-shaped horn, which is flanked on either side by a smaller antenna.
Heracross is a powerful but docile Pokémon. Its natural habitat is forests and its diet consists of tree sap, nectar and honey. Its strength is such that it can topple large trees if it so wished. Heracross's main weapon is its large horn, of which it is particularly proud. However, it only uses it in the wild to deter its foes, not hurt them.
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Headbutt trees at Mt. Silver||Common|
|X/Y||Kalos Route 12 (Y Version); Friend Safari||Rare|
Side game locations
|Pokémon Channel||Mt. Snowfall|
|Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire||Safari Zone (Ruby Field)|
|Pokémon Trozei!|| Phobos Walker,|
Endless Level 15,
Mr. Who's Den
|Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team|| Great Canyon (7F-9F)|
Joyous Tower (39F-42F)
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Mt. Travail (1F-19F)|
|Pokémon Ranger||Olive Jungle|
|Leveling Generation V|
In the anime
- Main article: Ash's Heracross
In the Pokémon anime, Ash catches a Heracross in the episode A Sappy Ending. The Heracross is powerful, but also is distracted by sap, to the point where it tries to feed off the nectar of Ash's Bulbasaur's flower bulb when Bulbasaur is in sight. It is currently at Professor Oak's lab.
Trainers with a Heracross
- Heracross was thought to be a pre-evolution of Pinsir before the release of Pokémon Gold and Silver.
- Despite being able to fly, it is unable to learn Fly.
- It is the only / -type Pokémon.
- This Pokémon is modeled after the Japanese Rhinoceros Beetle, an insect that is used as a reference in many well known anime/manga.
- The only Megahorn. -type move that Heracross can learn is
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data