You can access your user profile on any wiki by clicking your username at the top-right of the screen while logged in.
Your profile has two sections: the top part and the bottom part. The top part of your profile displays the same information on every wiki you edit. This is your basic introduction to fellow Wikians. The bottom part of your profile is unique to that wiki, and you can fill it out however you like.
Top Section: Global Content
When you first arrive at the top of your profile, it will look like this:
That’s just how you see it. When others look at the top of your profile before you fill it out, they see this:
But let’s say you don’t want to leave it blank. How do you fill it out? Just hover over this area and push the "edit" button that appears. You’ll be presented with this:
You might see a few fields filled out with information we already have about you. (We won’t display those details without you saying "yes," though). You can decide to keep that information, or you can change it up! Keep these points in mind:
- Anything you enter into the new top section of your profile will appear on every wiki you’ve edited. So introduce yourself in a way that works for all of your wiki communities.
- Make clear, conscious decisions about what information you want to share about yourself. Read over our blog post about being safe online for a refresher course on what to consider.
- It’s okay to be creative, to experiment, and to have fun. You don’t have to fill these questions out the way you would on a government form - be unique!
The top part of your profile will only show your information if you have edited on a wiki. If you have zero edits on that wiki, your personal information will not display.
If you want to upload an avatar, you can do so by hovering over your existing avatar, and clicking the "Edit Avatar" link that appears below it. See Help:Avatars for more details.
The Bottom Section: Wiki-Specific Content
The Profile tab is a blank wiki page that you can use to express yourself. Simply click the "Edit Profile" button at the top of this section, and start editing. We recommend you add links, photos, and information to express yourself and your interest in that wiki.
You can also create subpages in your user profile. Just go to the subpage you'd want to create (example: User:Dopp/Subpage) and create the page.
The other tabs in this section are related to your activity on that wiki and your interaction with other users. The tabs that you see may vary from wiki to wiki, depending on which features are enabled.
- Your Message Wall or Talk Page is a place where you can communicate with other users on the wiki.
- Your Blog is a place for you to create content and have others comment on it.
- The Contributions tab shows what you've done on the wiki.
- The Following tab shows which pages you're following on the wiki.
Further Help and Feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Help:Wikia Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Help:Contacting Wikia for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article