This article covers how to report bugs you find on Wikia.
We want your experience of Wikia to be as bug free as possible, and we welcome anyone who spots a bug to report it to us. However, in order to aid us in solving those bugs, we have a few tips about how to report them.
Where should it be reported to?
What should a problem report contain?
- Try and make it as clear as possible, including specific details and steps on how to reproduce the bug.
- A screenshot of how the bug is manifesting, when applicable. See http://www.take-a-screenshot.org for details on how to take a screenshot on your computer/device. There are also some browser plug-ins that can make taking screenshots easier, such as Awesome Screenshot.
- Click the "Browse..." button (if using Special:Contact/bug) and upload the screenshot file.
- Browser, including version number - for example Firefox 18, IE9, etc.
- Operating System (OS) - for example Windows 7, OS X 10.7, etc.
- What wikia and what exact page you were on when you saw the problem.
- The full text of any error messages.
- Whether you were logged in at the time, and with what username.
- Skin preference if it's not the default Wikia skin.
Thank you in advance from the entire Wikia team!
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Help:Wikia Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Help:Contacting Wikia for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Wikia in Wikia University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience