Groudon is a red, black, grey, and white Pokémon. It has white spikes on its tail and neck. It has white sharp claws and it also has white toes. It has a greyish underbelly. It has a large tail with three sharp, white spikes appearing on the left hand side and right hand side of its tail. A black pattern also goes along its body.
Groudon does not evolve.
In the games
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team/Blue Rescue Team, Groudon appears as one of the main villains. After the hero, the partner, and the Alakazam's Team discovered the truth about Ninetales' Legend, he causes an earthquake and, later in the game, the hero and the partner have to go to the deep of Magma Cavern to save Alakazam`s Team, defeating Groudon. After his defeat, he can be recruitable to the Rescue Team. He has a minor appearance in the next game, when he appears as an illusion created by Uxie. It is one of the heaviest Pokémon, as can be observed in the RSE Pokédex.
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl he makes an appearance as an assist trophy and like the other ancient Pokémon from Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby he makes a non playable appearance. Groudon will on the screen as a very large Pokémon and will glow a red colour making him a fire attacker. He will be completely invincible and will launch any fighter away from it except the one who uses it, because of this it can be used as some what of a shield. Groudon will not attack but will turn around and roar.
In Spın-off Games
|Ruby/Sapphire||Cave of Origin (Ruby Only)||One|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Embedded Tower (Requires Red Orb) (SoulSilver Only)||One|
|Black 2/White 2||Mystery Gift (Japan only)||None|
Side Game Locations
|Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire||Bonus Field (Ruby Field)|
|Pokémon Trozei!||Random Agent Cards, Mr. Who's Den|
|Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team||Magma Cavern Pit (3F)|
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Shimmer Desert (Interior)|
|Pokémon Ranger||Jungle Relic (during mission)|
In Pokémon Rumble Blast, Groudon can be encountered if the launch pad leading to the boss fight is shining, but only if the main story has been finished. There is roughly a 5% chance of the "!" launch pad shining.
- Main article: False Groudon
Groudon had a fight with Kyogre at the place where Kyogre slept. Groudon appeared in the Pokémon Anime in Gaining Groudon!, and The Scuffle Of Legends!, debuting with Kyogre as well.Team Magma and Team Aqua were competing to gain both legendaries. Team Aqua, as it turned out, tricked Magma leader Maxie by taking Kyogre even after they had Groudon. Ash's Pikachu then shocked Groudon's cargo container and released it to fight against a rampaging Kyogre.
- Groudon is the heaviest Pokémon, with 2094.4 lbs.
- Groudon and Torterra are the same species. They are both known as the Continent Pokémon
- Groudon is the only pure Legendary Pokémon. -type
- Groudon is the only non-Eruption and Fire Blast via level up. type Pokémon to learn
- In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, the player doesn't fight the real Groudon. Uxie created a hologram of Groudon that can fight.
- People often mistaken Groudon as a Fire type due to the color of its armor.
- Groudon is the heaviest Pokémon so far apart from the glitched Pokémon "Hpoke."
- Thanks to this, Groudon is extremely easy to capture with a Heavy Ball.
- It is the only Pokémon that naturally has the ability Drought. The only other Pokémon is Ninetales, which is capable of having it in the Dream World.
- Despite being Kyogre's ultimate rival, Groudon's typing puts it at a massive disadvantage. The only type-effective move Groudon learns against Kyogre is SolarBeam; however, as Groudon is a physical-based Pokémon, this is another disadvantage because Kyogre is special-based.
- Groudon's design is possibly based on Godzilla.
- An evil clone made in the likeness of Groudon appears in the movie Jirachi: Wish Maker; It is several times larger with tentacle-like appendages protruding from its back.
- Groudon might be based on the Behemoth from Judeo-Christian religion.
- This legendary Pokémon has appeared in mythology as the creator of lands and continents. It usually sleeps in magma underground, and is said to make volcanoes erupt upon awakening.
- The heat from Groudon's body has been known to scatter rain clouds and evaporate oceans. It can be used to expand land masses.
Groudon's name originated from the words "Ground" and "Geddon". Geddon's meaning being to crack the ground.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data