Genesect could mean genesis bug (since it is one of the first Pokemon World terrestrial) or "genetic" (genetic), with English word "insect" (insect in Castilian) due to its bug type.
Genesect has a purple metal body with a head that looks like a saucer. It has two red eyes and on its back there is some sort of powerful cannon that could have been added onto it by Team Plasma when they made the modifications to it.
Genesect has no known gender.
Genesect does not evolve.
|Over 300 million years ago, it was feared as the strongest of hunters. It has been modified by Team Plasma.|
|This ancient bug Pokémon was altered by Team Plasma. They upgraded the cannon on its back.|
|Leveling Generation VI|
| Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
1.Yellow is a shock drive 2.Red is a burn drive 3.White is a frost drive 4.Blue is a douse drive
|Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
|File:Shiny Genesect BW.png||File:Genesectbwbackshiny.png|
|X||Y||Omega Ruby||Alpha Sapphire||Back|
Genesect's name is likely a Template:WP of the words "genesis", meaning beginning because it is an ancient Pokémon, or "genetic" because of its altered genetic makeup and "insect" due to its is Bug typing.
- If the player takes a Genesect to the P2 Laboratory and shows it to the scientist there, he will battle the player. If the player wins, the scientist gives him/her two out of the four drives, with the two being different depending on the version of the game.
- Genesect is the first Legendary Pokémon, not counting Arceus while holding the Insect Plate. -type
- Genesect's move, Techno Blast, is somewhat similar to Arceus's Judgement, basing its typing on its held item.
- Genesect is classified as the Paleozoic Pokémon because it existed during the Template:WP, a time period more than 300 million years ago.
- In the P2 Laboratory, there is a memo presumably written by Ghetsis stating that Lord N had modified what is to be the strongest Pokémon ever until he abandoned the project, likely because N is compassionate to the feelings of Pokémon.
- Coro Coro leaked it and revealed on July 11, 2012.roCoro
- Genesect is shown on a teaser after the pre-release of the fifteenth Pokémon movie.
- Even though Genesect uses its signature move, Techno Blast, Genesect doesn't receive STAB from it.
- Genesect is the only prehistoric Pokémon that is not a Rock-type.
- It is also the only prehistoric Pokémon that can not be restored from a fossil.
- Some speculate Genesect to be an engineered Kabutops, since the Pokédex of Genesect and Kabuto both state they existed 300 million years ago, as Kabutops likely existed at the same time as Kabuto. Other evidence is that both Pokémon share a similar design.
- It has been revealed by Nintendo that when you buy Pokémon Black and White Versions 2, you can receive Genesect through Nintendo WiFi from October 11 to November 12.
Genesect is one of the only two bug pokemon that can learn fly, the other being volcarona
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data