| Generation Prior I|
Generation Prior I is set before the events of Gen I, following it's history.
The following events are held in recent history prior to Gen I:
Some Years Before Gen I:
- A team of scientists discover a new Pokémon (at the time) deep in a jungle in Guyana, South America on July 5. They name the Pokémon Mew on July 10. Mewtwo, a clone of Mew, is born on February 6. Mewtwo escapes from and destroys Cinnabar Island's Pokémon Mansion on September 1 and then goes to Cerulean Cave.
- Giratina returns to the Pokémon World.
- The Hoenn Battle Frontier opens.
Less than 10 Years before Gen I
- The S.S. Tidal is constructed.
- The first Pokémon created by specific engineering, Porygon, is created.
- Rotom inhabits an abandoned mansion in Sinnoh.
11 Years before Gen I
- Red is born
- Blue is born
150 Years before Gen I
- Brass Tower is burned down, killing three Pokémon inside. Lugia flees to the Whirl Islands, Ho-Oh resurrects the three Pokémon as theLegendary Beasts and flies off in search of a pure-hearted Trainer
- The first Pokémon League competitions are held.
400 Years before Gen I
- Azalea Town is struck with a long-term drought. After bringing the rain back once again by yawning, Slowpoke gains an honourable position in the town.
- The Pokémon move Toxic is invented by a ninja.
500 Years before Gen I
- The Cianwood City Pharmacy is built.
700 Years before Gen I
- Bell Tower and Brass Tower are constructed in Ecruteak City, and Lugia and Ho-Oh perch at their tops.
Hundreds of Years before Gen I
- The legends of Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs's past.