Wikia

Pokémon Wiki

Changes: Gender

Edit

Back to page

 
(13 intermediate revisions by 10 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
A '''Gender''' determines whether the [[Pokémon]] is male or female in the [[Pokémon]] video games. Some [[Pokémon]] have a greater chance of being one gender than another, such as [[Blastoise]] which has a 87.5% chance of being male, but only a 12.5% chance of being female. There is also moves that will only work when [[Pokémon]] are certain genders. There were no genders in the [[Generation I]] games.
+
A '''gender''' determines whether the [[Pokémon]] is male or female in the Pokémon video games. Some Pokémon have a greater chance of being one gender than another, such as [[Blastoise]] which has a 87.5% chance of being male, but only a 12.5% chance of being female. There is also moves that will only work when Pokémon are certain genders. There were no genders in the [[Generation I]] games.
   
== Genderless Pokémon ==
+
==Genderless Pokémon==
There are some [[Pokémon]] that have no Gender, usually because they are made of lifeless materials like metal and clay. Some of there are [[Voltorb]], [[Electrode]], [[Beldum]], [[Metang]], [[Metagross]], and [[Ditto]]. There are also no [[Legendary Pokémon]] with genders, except for [[Latias]], [[Latios]], [[Heatran]], [[Cresselia]] ,[[Landorus]],[[Thundurus]] and [[Tornadus]].
+
There are some Pokémon that have no Gender, usually because they are made of lifeless materials like metal and clay. Some of these are [[Voltorb]], [[Electrode]], [[Beldum]], [[Metang]], [[Metagross]], and [[Ditto]]. Most [[Legendary Pokémon]] also do not have genders, except for [[Latias]], [[Latios]], [[Heatran]], [[Cresselia]], [[Landorus]], [[Thundurus]], and [[Tornadus]].
   
 
===Generation I===
 
===Generation I===
+
{| border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" class="article-table" style="margin: 0px auto; width: 175px;"
[[Articuno]] - [[Ditto]] - [[Electrode]] - [[Magnemite]] - [[Magneton]] - [[Mewtwo]] - [[Mew]] - [[Moltres]] - [[Porygon]] - [[Staryu]] - [[Starmie]]- [[Voltorb]] - [[Zapdos]]
+
|-
  +
! scope="col"|Generation I
  +
|-
  +
|[[Magnemite]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Magneton]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Voltorb]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Electrode]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Staryu]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Starmie]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Ditto]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Porygon]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Articuno]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Zapdos]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Moltres]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Mewtwo]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Mew]]
  +
|}
   
 
===Generation II===
 
===Generation II===
+
{| border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" class="article-table" style="margin: 0px auto; width: 175px;"
[[Celebi]] - [[Entei]] - [[Ho-Oh]] - [[Lugia]] - [[Porygon2|Porygon2 ]]- [[Raikou]] - [[Suicune]] - [[Unown]].
+
|-
  +
! scope="col"|Generation II
  +
|-
  +
|[[Unown]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Porygon2]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Raikou]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Entei]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Suicune]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Lugia]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Ho-Oh]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Celebi]]
  +
|}
   
 
===Generation III===
 
===Generation III===
+
{| border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" class="article-table article-table-selected" style="margin: 0px auto; width: 175px;"
[[Baltoy]] - [[Beldum]] - [[Claydol]] - [[Deoxys]] - [[Groudon]] - [[Kyogre]] - [[Lunatone|Lunatone ]]- [[Metang]] - [[Metagross]] - [[Solrock]] - [[Regice]] [[Regirock]] - [[Registeel]]
+
|-
  +
! scope="col"|Generation III
  +
|-
  +
|[[Lunatone]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Solrock]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Baltoy]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Claydol]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Beldum]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Metang]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Metagross]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Regirock]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Regice]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Registeel]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Kyogre]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Groudon]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Deoxys]]
  +
|}
   
 
===Generation IV===
 
===Generation IV===
+
{| border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" class="article-table" style="margin: 0px auto; width: 175px;"
[[Arceus]] - [[Azelf]] - [[Bronzong]] - [[Bronzor]] - [[Darkrai]] - [[Dialga]] - [[Giratina]] - [[Magnezone]] - [[Manaphy]] - [[Mesprit]] - [[Palkia]] - [[Phione]] - [[Porygon-Z]] - [[Regigigas]] - [[Rotom]] - [[Shaymin]] - [[Uxie]].
+
|-
  +
! scope="col"|Generation IV
  +
|-
  +
|[[Bronzor]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Bronzong]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Magnezone]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Porygon-Z]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Rotom]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Uxie]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Mesprit]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Azelf]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Dialga]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Palkia]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Regigigas]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Giratina]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Phione]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Manaphy]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Darkrai]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Shaymin]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Arceus]]
  +
|}
   
 
===Generation V===
 
===Generation V===
  +
{| border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" class="article-table" style="margin: 0px auto; width: 175px;"
  +
|-
  +
! scope="col"|Generation V
  +
|-
  +
|[[Victini]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Klink]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Klang]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Klinklang]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Cryogonal]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Golett]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Golurk]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Cobalion]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Terrakion]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Virizion]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Reshiram]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Zekrom]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Kyurem]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Keldeo]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Meloetta]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Genesect]]
  +
|}
   
[[Genesect]] - [[Meloetta]] - [[Victini]] - [[Zekrom]] - [[Reshiram]] - [[Kyurem]] - [[Cobalion]] - [[Terrakion]] - [[Virizion]] - [[Keldeo]] - [[Klink]] - [[Klang]] - [[Klinklang]] - [[Cryogonal]] - [[Golett]] - [[Golurk]]
+
===Generation VI===
  +
{| border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" class="article-table" style="margin: 0px auto; width: 175px;"
  +
|-
  +
! scope="col"|Generation VI
  +
|-
  +
|[[Xerneas]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Yveltal]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Zygarde]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Hoopa]]
  +
|-
  +
|[[Volcanion]]
  +
|}
   
== See also ==
+
==See also==
*[[Gender Differences]]
+
*[[Gender differences]]
 
*[[Genderized Pokémon]]
 
*[[Genderized Pokémon]]
  +
{{stub}}
 
[[Category:Miscellaneous]]
 
[[Category:Miscellaneous]]

Latest revision as of 06:48, April 29, 2016

A gender determines whether the Pokémon is male or female in the Pokémon video games. Some Pokémon have a greater chance of being one gender than another, such as Blastoise which has a 87.5% chance of being male, but only a 12.5% chance of being female. There is also moves that will only work when Pokémon are certain genders. There were no genders in the Generation I games.

Genderless PokémonEdit

There are some Pokémon that have no Gender, usually because they are made of lifeless materials like metal and clay. Some of these are Voltorb, Electrode, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, and Ditto. Most Legendary Pokémon also do not have genders, except for Latias, Latios, Heatran, Cresselia, Landorus, Thundurus, and Tornadus.

Generation IEdit

Generation I
Magnemite
Magneton
Voltorb
Electrode
Staryu
Starmie
Ditto
Porygon
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Mew

Generation IIEdit

Generation II
Unown
Porygon2
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Celebi

Generation IIIEdit

Generation III
Lunatone
Solrock
Baltoy
Claydol
Beldum
Metang
Metagross
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Kyogre
Groudon
Deoxys

Generation IVEdit

Generation IV
Bronzor
Bronzong
Magnezone
Porygon-Z
Rotom
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Dialga
Palkia
Regigigas
Giratina
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus

Generation VEdit

Generation V
Victini
Klink
Klang
Klinklang
Cryogonal
Golett
Golurk
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect

Generation VIEdit

Generation VI
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Hoopa
Volcanion

See alsoEdit

173Cleffa This article is a stub. Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it. 173Cleffa

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki