Gallade somewhat shares a resemblance to its female counterpart Gardevoir, but is different in many ways. The "skirt" of its pre-evolved form is now gone, revealing its legs, which are now much wider. The red horns that were on its head have moved down to its chest, like that of Gardevoir, but are much sharper. It's head is also similar to that of a Gardevoir, but it instead has a large gray-blue horn resembling a gladiator helmet. Another notable feature is the blade-like protrusions from its elbows, which Gallade can use as swords. It seems that the sharp protrusions can be extended and retracted when necessary.
The shiny version of Gallade has a blue coloring where the original has green, and it's "helmet" becomes silver instead of light blue. It also has a slightly purple colored hue.
Gallade have the ability Steadfast, which allows its speed to increase x1.5 if it flinches.
The protrusions on Gallade's arms can be extended to be used as blades. This allows Gallade to learn a variety of sword-like moves. Gallade can also learn a variety of other offensive attacks, as well as a few defensive attacks that can be learned through TM's.
In the manga
In the Platinum chapter, Darach owns a Gallade.
In the anime
Gallade made its anime debut in "A Grand Fight for Winning", and it made an appearance in the movie The Rise of Darkrai. Zoey also has Zoey's Gallade, which she used in her Grand Festival match against Dawn.
Gallade first appeared in the Generation IV games as the male counterpart of Gardevoir. Gallade was likely created to be a counterpart since a male Kirlia could evolve into the very feminine Gardevoir, which gave some confusion. However, since a male Kirlia can only be evolved into a Gallade by use of a Dawn Stone, a male Kirlia can still evolve into a Gardevoir at level 30.
|Black/White||Evolve Kirlia♂ (White only)||None|
Side game locations
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Spacial Rift (B1F-B9F)|
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia||Altru Building|
|Pokémon Rumble||Silent Forest|
|Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
|X||Y||Omega Ruby||Alpha Sapphire||Back|
Gallade's appearance is based on the ancient Roman Gladiator's.
Gallade's English name is a combination of the words "Gallant" and "Blade". It's Japanese name, Erlade, is a combination of the word "Earl" (meaning chieftain) and "blade".
- Gallade have similar evolutionary statuses with Froslass, as Froslass has pure female gender and Gallade has pure male gender. It also shares with Gardevoir, Glalie, Snorunt, Kirlia and Ralts, which have a 50:50 gender ratio. Also, Kirlia and Snorunt needs a Dawn Stone to evolve.
- His arms might be samurai swords due to how they look and how Gallade uses them.
- In his cry, it sounds as if Gallade is drawing out its blades.
- Gallade is the third Psychic/Fighting type Pokémon, the other two being Meditite and Medicham.
- The name "Gallade" has actually existed long before the Pokémon's creation; there is a U.S.-based chemical distribution company called "Gallade Chemical", which started business in the 1960s and has no relations with Nintendo or The Pokémon Company International.
- Despite being a Close Combat) by leveling up. -type, it can only learn one -type move (
- Gallade weighs the same as Blaziken.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data