Furfrou is a Pokémon X and Y.-type Pokémon in
Furfrou is a dog-like Pokémon, who is covered in white fur. However, with some time, its fur can be shaped and can be a blue, pink or orange coloured.
Furfrou can have its appearance changed by grooming. There are number of different appearances it can take, and the more times a player grooms it, the more styles may become available. Leaving Furfrou's style untended for a few days will cause its fur to grow long and shaggy again, returning to its original look. To maintain the style of its coat, it must be groomed regularly. Styles of coat available include heart shaped, star shaped, and diamond shaped.
Furfrou is also considered very intelligent and loyal to its Trainer. It's said in ancient times, Furfrou guarded the kings of Kalos.
Furfrou does not evolve.
- Moves in Bold text show that the move receives a STAB.
- Furfrou is based on a poodle, which is a breed of dog that is common in France. This also explains furfrou's loyalty and intelligence, as poodles are loyal and intelligent in real life.
- Furfrou is the first customizable Pokémon introduced.
- The owner of Parfum Palace owns a Furfrou, which the player needs to catch in order to progress in Pokémon X and Y.
- Furfrou was leaked in a trailer as it was not intended to show it.
Furfrou's name comes from "fur" and "froufrou" (froofroo) an aristocratic term used to describe something that is both pretty and expensive.