Freeze Shock deals damage and has a 30% chance of paralyzing the target.
Freeze Shock does nothing on the turn it is selected, other than state that the user is charging. This charge turn can be skipped using a Power Herb. On the following turn, Freeze Shock will deal damage, PP will be deducted from it, and it will count as the last move used. Once Freeze Shock is selected, the user won't be able to switch out until it is disrupted or fully executed.
If Freeze Shock is not fully executed, PP will not be deducted from it, and it will not count as the last move used. If the target uses Mirror Move during the turn that the user is charging, Mirror Move will copy the move that the user executed immediately before using Freeze Shock (or fail if it can't).
On the second turn, the user hits the target with electrically charged ice. It may leave the target with paralysis.
- Along with Ice Burn, Freeze Shock has the highest base power of all -type moves.
- Freeze Shock is the only Ice-type move able to cause paralysis.
- Currently, no Pokémon can learn this move even it's Kyurem's signature move.
- The animation for the actual attacking part is very similar to that of Bolt Strike.
- The version mascot of Black 2 currently known as Black Kyurem could possibly know this move.