Wikia Gaming Alliance
|The Pokémon Wiki is formally invited to join the Wikia Gaming Alliance.|
|The Wikia Gaming Alliance (WGA) is an alliance created by wikis hosted on Wikia. It is an alliance where each wiki helps each other out when help is needed. It also helps to connect the gaming wikis of Wikia to create an easier experience for readers.Wikis in the WGA will:
For more information on the Wikia Gaming Alliance, please check out the Wikia Gaming Alliance's website.
Do we want to join this?
I don't see any harm in doing so, it might even give us some much needed traffic.19:59, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Traffic is a good thing, but only if we don't get spam editors, trolls, or page blanking anons.
- Yes but I don't think Nintendo Wiki itself has many trolls, etc and many new users will probably come from there. 20:05, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
We don't need to do an alliance. It's not an official Wikia alliance. It seems to be not run in the best of ways. Perhaps if they were to change it in a way that would benefit the wikis more that would be part of it, then perhaps we'd join. But I honestly don't see the point of this at all. It makes no sense whatsoever. Additionally, the next time a thing that will affect the wiki greatly, like this, it needs to be a public discussion. Not something that occurs on chat. And since, as I said, it's not an official Wikia alliance, we shouldn't do it. – EnemyPeacemaker 20:11, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Notable points Jäzzi.
- Trolls and spammers will always be a problem we can't stop that. And Slaying give the Gaming Alliance a chance I'm sure it is the right move to get more activity flowing on the wiki. 20:15, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
As I stated, perhaps if it were run in a different manner, my opinion might be difference. But as it is right now I just, something about it I just don't really like. – EnemyPeacemaker 20:27, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
- I do have to say though, while it is legitimate, it's by one of the lead admins on the Nintendo Wiki, its aiming to be more of a "This wiki needs help hub" which would seem to almost ask for vandals.
- Well, it can help this wiki out for more active users who are willing to help this wiki, even so, if this wiki remains inactive in users it is more attractive for vandalisms to vandalise articles around this wiki. But it is my opinion, might that of yours can be much better. KidProdigy (Local Userpage ⁝ Local Talk) 20:46, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
- What kinds of thing do you want the alliance to have? I originally planned on doing some sort of list for nasty vandals who add false info or do lots of vandalism, to help stop them from vandalizing other wikis in the alliance, but I thought that that would be a bit much. Would something like that be good?
- That would be good, but like I said, we (the pokémon wiki) are going to have some more discussion here. We may or may not join, depending on our discussion.
- I do like the idea of having that list and I would like to suggest that, even if we didn't join, to share the IP Adresses of vandals which are currently blocked on our wiki. 16:42, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
The list is a good idea. Now that I've thought this over, I can see this working. I would kind of like to see a representative of each wiki like, as a helper on the alliance wiki. – EnemyPeacemaker 20:04, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I can agree to that, But who would (we) we have as rep?