Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Heracross vs. Alakazam. Both pokemon maxed out. I was having this discussion with someone on another forum. He insists Alakazam, I say Heracross. I know Heracross is part fighting type and is there fore weak against psychic attacks, but I say he is resilient enought to take some damage and OHKO the Alakazam with Megahorn on his turn. I would love to her what you guys think. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Donzaloog (talk • contribs)
- If the Alakazam knew Reflect or Disable and Recover, it might win. 23:12, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reply. You make a good point. But, Heracross has Brick Break to deal with Reflect. And a choice scarf on Heracross can up its' speed. I think Heracross takes this one when used right. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Donzaloog (talk • contribs)
- -- I would say that the other person on the forum is correct, Alakazam would win handily with no added items. If you're using powerups like choice scarf, of course Heracross has the upper hand. That is kind of not fair, though. You seem to be trying to find an excuse to MAKE Heracross win. Case in point, my level 100 Typhlosion with maxed stats and hacked moves knocked out my friend's level 100 Gyarados in one hit... but that's because I've pumped him up to the point that he is practically unbeatable. My point is, any Pokemon with items and powerups can beat a Pokemon that, were the odds even, it would not stand a chance against.-- —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
- I think it depends on the moveset and stats of the Pokemon. I have therefore simulated a scenario:
- Scenario 1: All of Alakazam's IVs are 28 while Heracross has 30 Attack, 29 Speed and HP, but 26 for the others, with Alakazam's EVs being between 55 (HP) and 86 (Sp.Def) and Heracross' being between 56 (Speed) and 79(Attack). Alakazam's moves are Psychic, Future Sight, Psycho Cut and Toxic and its nature is Adamant (Ability Inner Focus), while Heracross knowns Megahorn, Focus Blast, Aerial Ace and Take Down, its nature is Hardy and its ability its Guts. First the stats (EVs are in Brackets)
Alakazam Heracross HP 261 (55) 315 (65) Attack 163 (67) 304 (79) Defense 140 (69) 199 (74) Sp.Atk 290 (80) 129 (72) Sp.Def 224 (86) 238 (70) Speed 289 (66) 218 (56)
- Using this, Alakazam would go first and it goes for Psychic. This would hit for average 258 damage, not enough to knock out Heracross, leaving it with 57 HP left. Heracross goes for Megahorn and hits for over 600 HP damage, knocking it out. Therefore on this simulation, Heracross is the winner188.8.131.52 07:51, February 24, 2013 (UTC)