Hey guys, it's me, Jazzi. And I'm here to bring up a concern that was mentioned today in Chat. At least three users would like to disable blogs. The reasoning for this is because it distracts users from editing, and there's a lot of spam blogs.
Although we have the policy, we still have to delete blogs on a daily basis for minor offenses. Additionally, we have to deal with users commenting on blogs that have been inactive for months.
Yes, there are some good blogs, but for every one good blog, there's twenty-five bad blogs. There are ~600 blogs on this site.
Do we really want to be like this? Do we want to sink down low as to become a blogging site? Please only vote if you have 150 mainspace. Feel free to vote and share your opinions. Neutrals will not be considered. – Jäzzi 20:05, September 17, 2011 (UTC)
Support the Removal of Blogs Edit
- Support: I want them gone. I'm sick of having to delete them and then having users come to me and ask why I deleted them. We can add a general discussion section to the forums if you guys would like, and request a new user right to monitor that forum, but I want them gone. – Jäzzi 20:05, September 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Support: I want them gone too, they are disruptive to the wiki's editing at times and a high percentage of our users only come here to blog miscellaneous junk. Crimsonnavy (Talk) 20:10, September 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Support: There's just not enough work getting around. Lots of articles that are very useful to find information on are stubs (such as moves). We are way behind on everything.
- Support:I support. Blogs are a useless destractions most of the time. To all those blog addicted people, mainspace edit.Kate the pawsome wolf Leave me a message anytime! 20:20, September 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Support: I think enough has been said. --Bullet Francisco (talk) 22:42, September 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Support: Blogs distract from actual editing of articles. JW Talk 11:07, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Support:I agree with JW. LF 001 15:36, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Support:There are no point in blogs. If you really want to say something cool just say it on chat. Charizard3 (talk) Glad to talk with you 16:13, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
Oppose the Removal of Blogs Edit
- Oppose: They can cause trouble, but they can also be useful, and if they get out of hand, we have admins to delete them and rollbacks to mark them for deletion. I also think this would be a really good reason to add the "Moderator" user rights group to this wiki, so they can help moderate blogs. Mods can delete pages and edit/delete comments as well. Technology Wizard · talk