Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hello guys, Crimsonnavy here. I am here to suggest we disable badges for the time being. As of now, our users are somewhat inactive and Winxfan and I are the only ones who are steadily collecting badges. I suggest we disable them from now on in the Winter and Spring and reactivate them in the Summer and Fall when people are more active.
Please only vote if you have 150 mainspace edits.18:34, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
Support the disabling of badges
- Support: I think with me and Winxfan being the only ones gaining badges at a steady rate, by the time other users are active we may be too far ahead for others to catch up and that's not really fun. 18:34, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Support: Badges are just sad. They promote bad editing and half the time the edits are null edits. I've wanted them gone since my first edit here. Hell, I've wanted them gone since I first received a badge on some random wiki. I want to be exempt from badges so badly. They just need to go. Jäzzi 18:44, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Support: Per above comments. I've seen enough users spamming articles with random categories just to get some badges. --Ciencia Al Poder (talk) 20:03, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Support: Yes, per the above, badges have never seemed to be a good investment to the wiki, in my opinion. — Wattz2000 21:41, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Support: I find them irksome. Although I do like the lucky edit badges because they're informative, but the rest of the badges... meh. —
- Support: I agree with Crimson. Besides, I would've had 149 days to get the One Year Badge anyway. That would be a pain, but I bet I'd be the first one to get it.Signed, Winxfan1. I am the ultimate fan of Winx Club 20:59, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
Oppose the disabling of badges
- Comment: What you do is don't get it. You continue editing like you normally do. The badges were a plus, a bonus, we might enable them again when we get more users. And we'll have to start over so it'll be fair game for everybody. --Jazzi 11:28, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: I thought the badges were saved. 16:45, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment: Just checked it out on my test wiki, apparently they are saved. I think what I was remembering was that edits made during the time they were disabled aren't counted. – Jazzi 16:48, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Comment:Is the Badge track being kept up to date? My days count is 216 and it'll be 217 tomorrow morning.
Since this is five of our consistent editors, and we'd just need Winxfan's opinion, we should be good and be able to disable them. I'll let Crimson disable them as he brought this forum up. – Jazzi 22:12, April 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Done. 00:10, April 13, 2012 (UTC)