Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hi, I have a request i'd like to ask. Since Pokemon X & Y have been announced, lot's of Wikia Contributors have been adding speculation to pages and creating spam pages with inappropriate text. It's been annoying to always have to be on guard all day to add the Delete tag to pages. So i'm requesting (hence the title) to block all pages from Wikia Contributors and only users, and if possible to also prevent them from creating pages. I feel this would make the Wiki much cleaner so that we can focus on the articles that need to be redone rather than getting spammed with spam :P. --Aquatic Wartortle Surf! 01:11, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I see your point, and I would agree except I seem to remember an anon user making some episode pages, which were quite useful. Of course I could be thinking of a different (non-anon) user, but generally I think we shouldn't limit page creation as it would create more harm than good. --Shockstorm (talk) 01:24, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
I see your point, but I still think that we should restrict them, if they want to add a page, they can create an account, but they're still adding more spam pages than ever due to X & Y' announcement. I say that restricting would bring more good than bad. --Aquatic Wartortle Surf! 15:52, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, actually, at this point I'd support that, since it doesn't look like any of the new pages are helpful. --Shockstorm (talk) 17:38, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
- If I can tell you guys something, I am getting Aquatic Wartortle's point. Since the announcement of Pokémon X and Y there were many unregistred wikia contributors who are adding crazied speculations as that there were two new types announced also being a heavy battle about unusual trivia content which they won't accept. I'm getting slightly frustrated about that because we are a professional wiki and having unregistred contributors around makes our wiki look bad because this is also one of the thousand Pokémon source web were unregistrated contributors can freely edit. I didn't evenly saw thos rubbish that they are maiking here at Bulbapedia. But on the other side, what Shockstorm said is also true, there are some unregistred contributors who are adding useful content and I've seen some of them. Some of them are also helping us out with a lot of stuff that they got the time for as well as one unregistred contributor that I have seen doing his best about creating and adding content to the episode pages. So my point is more of a crossroad, unregistrated contributors are a extremely pest to this wiki, but some of them are helping us out a lot. But you got my support on that Aquatic Wartortle, it is the right thing of preventing unusual nonsense from them and that we have to undo their edits which can cause edit wars and adding delete tags. Regards, KidProdigy (Local Userpage ⁝ Local Talk) 20:17, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
Seriously, if anyone has an source of info about Pokemon X and Y, they can report to the admin. The solution to that is to lock the page. Besides, if the anons create such silly pages, it is up to the admins to take care of it. There is a need for admins, as we have 3 admins and they are bureaucrats. I'm against the idea in general, it can be only when too many vandalism (daily) is encountered by them. Energy X ∞ 21:25, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree here. Anons are a daily pest for me on this wiki for me, period. Some are good, yes but the majority are not. If a new user really wants to share a true new piece of information then they can tell an admin. And if they spot a problem they can ask an admin to a) sort it out for them or b) unprotect the page for them to do their edit. 21:49, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, protecting the pages were also my ideas due to that Bulbapedia knows how to defend the X and Y related topic to prevent fan speculations, but when the pages are locked the unregistered contributors are then signing in to add those speculations. Problem is, those kinds of contributors always want their right in something they do wrong which ends in endless useless discussions or edit war for no reason then it grows out to attacking each other on the talk pages. I had to remove the Fennekin section about the "Chinese zodiac" thing because it outcome was worse which I was completely lost in understanding those kinds of peoples. Anyway, on a clear mind, I also think it is the best of locking those pages to prevent harm. Regards, KidProdigy (Local Userpage ⁝ Local Talk) 23:25, February 17, 2013 (UTC)
Look at this page: http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Your_Mother_Edition It's going to continue happening from the looks of it, so just wondering, when will the request be active? Do I have to have a certain amount of votes on my side to complete the request? :? --Aquatic Wartortle Surf! 02:35, February 18, 2013 (UTC)
This won't be happening. Since protect site is only used in the case of mass vandalism, we won't be able to get it just to prevent people from creating pages. We hve three admins and a user with rollback rights, we can handle it. If we all aren't on at one time, we'll get to it when we can. – EnemyPeacemaker 16:48, February 18, 2013 (UTC)