Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
5 Things You Should Know
Black and White 2 Version is the revamped 'sequel' of sorts, with a handful of exciting new additions to the Pokemon formula. The game takes place in the same region as the original Black and White, but plenty has changed! New older Pokemon have emerged to make a an appearance, previous main characters of the original game have also grown up. New areas have appeared, and some older ones have changed drastically. Take a peek at 5 things you need to know about the newest Pokemon version.
Things have changed:
Pokémon Black and White Versions 2 takes place two years after the events of the original Black & White. Specific areas have changed, such as Challenger's Cave no longer being accessible. Route 4 has completed its construction in various ways. The southwest of the Unova region has new locations, such as Aspertia City, Floccesy Town, and Virbank City.
Black and White 2 is compatible with different versions of Pokemon. Previous versions including Pokemon Black and White and Pokémon Dream Radar can interact with Pokemon Black and White 2. Transferring Pokemon from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, Pokémon Platinum, and Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver is possible using the Poké Transfer. The games are also compatible with Dream World.
The Unova Pokedex has received an upgrade and now features a total of 301 Pokemon, which contains Pokemon from every previous generation. The starter Pokemon within Black and White 2 remain the same from the previous version, Grass Type Snivy, Fire-type Tepig, and Water-type Oshawott. To see the version exclusive Pokemon, click here
Pokemon Black and White 2 contains 2 new starter characters, Nate and Rosa, along with a new rival Hugh. Previous main characters also make an appearance, but their roles has changed. Bianca has become an assistant to Professor Juniper, Cheren now is a leader of his own Normal-type Gym. Team Plasma also makes their return, but have splintered into two groups with different goals.
Black and White 2 includes a few new features, such as the Hidden Grotto, Unova Link, and Medals. The Hidden Grotto allows for capturing Pokemon with a hidden ability. Unova link allows player to connect between Black and White 2, change the game’s difficulty, and pull data from the previous game, Black and White. An achievement feature, called Medals.
A few comparisons to the previous version of Pokemon Black and White:
- Pokemon Black and White contains more new, original Pokemon than any other versions, while Black and White 2 contains many more *Pokemon from previous generations.
- Pokemon Black and White 2 contains more version exclusive Pokemon than the previous version.
- Roxie, Cheren and Marlon. All other gym leaders from the previous version reappear, except for Cilan, Chili, Cress and Lenora.
- Alder has stepped down from the Champion position, with Iris taking his place.
- Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus get new forms, called their Therian forms, which can be altered using the Reflecting Mirror.
- Every gym in Black and White 2 is redesigned, with new puzzles and new music.
- All trainers in the game now their own sprite animations, not just a handful of specific trainers.
- Swarms, or mass outbreaks, make their return in Black and White 2. Swams change every day at midnight.
- Black and White 2 has a new feature, Pokéstar Studios, which is located in the new area Virbank City. It functions as a movie studio and replace the Pokémon Musical function in the original Black and White.
- In Pokemon Black and White 2, trainers can participate in the new Pokémon World Tournament in Driftveil City. Players can participate single, double, triple, and rotation battles.