Previously Pokémon Wiki was known as The Pokémon Encyclopedia I was thinking we could change our name back to Pokémon Encyclopedia to welcome in X and Y. The reasoning for this is because we can give the entire site a facelift and changing the site name is part of that. The URL will stay the same, but Pokémon Encyclopedia sounds better. I've changed the Facebook account to focus on the new name. So we might as well change to follow suit with the social networking information. The Twitter and the Tumblr have been re-opened under "Pokémon Encyclopedia", all that needs changing is the wiki name.
- Support: As nominator. – Jazzi (talk) 14:59, July 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Shorter, simpler and better. Energy X 15:15, July 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Neutral: I am not too sure about changing the site name to Pokémon Encyclopedia?-- King Marth 64 (talk • other wikis • blogs) 16:06, July 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: Changing the name would allow the social networks to be synced with the wiki and it just sounds better. – Jazzi (talk) 16:34, July 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Support:The idea is sound in principle and would work very well I think.Markrogers (talk) 19:29, July 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose: Firstly, it sounds like the name has already been changed, and you can only change the site name once. Also, almost all wikis hosted under Wikia are named "The (xyz) Wiki", so why should the Pokémon wiki be any different. We would also need to re-design the wordmark and change a lot of links to the main page (for example, the Pokémon Wiki: namespace will move to The Pokémon Encyclopedia: namespace). Iggyvolz (Talk) 14:09, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: Site name can be changed. Not all wikis follow that naming convention and they don't all have to be the same. The wordmark doesn't take long to change if you have five minutes. The links are an easy fix. There's really no problem to changing the name, it just takes a few minutes to change the wordmark and an hour or so to fix links. – Jazzi (talk) 15:32, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: "Please double check the spelling, and be sure of your correction, as we will not honor multiple requests" - Special:Contact/wiki-name-change Iggyvolz (Talk) 15:38, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: The name was changed back in 2009. The users then no longer edit now. There's a different frame now than there was then. I'm also not sure why you're in a fuss over this if you don't regularly edit here. – Jazzi (talk) 00:53, July 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: I have asked in the community skype channel, where staff members can answer questions, and the response was as followed: It is possible, but the request would need to come from an Admin or point us to a community consensus for the site name changing back. Send either to S:C. – Jazzi (talk) 14:51, July 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: Giving this forum a little nudge. With the information I was given from the community skype channel, that means that we can get a wiki rename once again. So if I got a bit more input, meaning if there were more supports, I'd be able to run this request through and hopefully get the name changed. – Jazzi (talk) 19:15, July 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Support: Since Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr have already changed, it's better to keep it consistent. All this is just a part of revitalizing the wiki into something better and I support the change.
- Oppose:: Hi, I may be a former contributor here but I still do look at the site for information and its following so-to-speak, and have on multiple occasions tried coming back after being shooed away from the administration, but nevertheless, I have finally made my first re-appearance on Wikia since my incident in mid-June...but anyway, as even a person who looks at the wiki's content, as with anyone else on Wikia for that matter, I should be entitled to even a brief say of input here. I noticed this in one of my tabs and was all "no...just...no." Like, really? This is not a good idea at all. For one, the name sounds more similar to your actual competition Bulbapedia, and quite frankly, the current name fits much better with Wikia's consistency. Second, the social network pages should have come second not done ahead just to get support, you know after a discussion was reached... In addition, the name was changed before and was changed to what it is now for good reason; why change it back just because "those people don't edit anymore?" That's like changing the name of a country just because the founding fathers are long dead. Changing the name doesn't actually help the community, and as someone who actually uses the site, I think that changing the name would just cause confusion. Just my two cents. The Puzzle Master 20:32, July 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose:I have stayed away from this because of the simple fact that I hate the proposed name but I couldn't find any good reason other than that. I also thought that the social media had been originally like that and not changed before it was even proposed. But now I have reread this and realised that they were changed before the site name change was even proposed. I am bewildered why this would happen seeming as the only reason you have asked for the site name change is because of the social media... Which was changed clearly just so the site could be. Anyway even if the social media was like that beforehand, whats the point in changing the wiki name? Nobody uses the social media, it has not been updated in just under a year and even if it was why would that mean the site should change? The social media is already synced with the wiki. Are there links to the social media site pages on this wiki? Yes. Are there links from the social media pages to this wiki? Yes. 18:59, July 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Comment: Actually the "only reason I have asked for the site name to change is because of the social media" is false. The reason I want the site name changed is because the site name currently has nothing to it. There is literally nothing remarkable about the current site name. The reason the social media was changed before hand was because the previous ones went on the fritz and I no longer had access to them, also, either way I forgot the password for the new ones so... As I stated, "The Pokémon Encyclopedia" is what Pokémon Wiki was originally named. Yes, it's not that much of a name either, but the point I'm trying to make is we need something that will stick out more. I want to give Pokémon Wiki more depth, currently we're black and white, there isn't much to us because we have competition who are better than us. I would like for Pokémon Wiki to get heavily remodled since we have X and Y coming out. I would like a new site name, and as shown by the votes, so would three other people. There are two opposes, since Wattz no longer edits here and he and I were told to stay off of each other's homewiki. So there are four supports to two opposes. A few other names, that are more focused on elements of the series, are The Safari Zone and Pokémon Central. Honestly, the site name now is bland. – Jazzi (talk) 20:38, July 26, 2013 (UTC)