Empoleon appears to be a large navy blue penguin with orange webbed feet like ducks have. It also appears to have metal flippers with blue metal bordering it and three orange small claws underneath its flippers. It has a blue fin at the back along with a tail and a giant metal blue fin in the center of it starting from its chin. Empoleon also appears to have something looking like a tuxedo that it is wearing. It also mainly has a black body with a some white in the center of it along with black spots at the bottom of its white part of body. It also has two giant golden spots on the back of it along with a three horned trident crest making its beak.
Although Empoleon is a Pokémon, it can learn a variety of , , and attacks. It can also learn many moves involving claws, such as Metal Claw and Shadow Claw. It can learn Hydro Pump, a very powerful type move./ -type
In the anime
Kai had an Empoleon that first appeared in The Rise of Darkrai on whom he used to battle Dawn's Piplup. Barry had an Empoleon that appeared in DP101: Barry's Busting Out All Over!. Kenny had an Empoleon that first appeared in DP174: Last Call, First Round!.
Side Game Locations
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness|| Crevice Cave (B1F-B10F)|
Lower Crevice Cave (B1F-B4F)
Mt. Avalanche (B1F-B19F)
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia||Ice Lake|
|Pokémon Rumble||Bright Beach|
Empoleon is based on emperor penguins, more so than its pre-evolutions are as Empoleon has a darker color and webbed feet.
- Empoleon is the only Starter Pokémon that is not fully resistant to -type moves, due to it being -type as a secondary type. -type, fully evolved
- It can be noted that Empoleon bears a resemblance to Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, that in which both are kings in their own way and have crowns. That being said, both contain a symmetrical design on their bodies.
- No other Pokémon has the same Water/Steel type combination.
- Empeleon, being a Steel-type as well as Water-type, is the only Water-Type to not be weak against Grass-type attacks.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data