Electric-type Pokémon have electricity-oriented powers. This category is usually represented by Pikachu, as Pikachu is the most famous Pokémon of the Electric types, and possibly the most famous out of all Pokémon.
Electric-type attacks usually have a chance of causing the Paralyze status effect, which gives the affected Pokémon a severe Speed statistic reduction along with a 25% chance of being unable to move for a turn.
Electric Pokémon represent electricity, electrical energy, and light (as many electric Pokémon can learn Flash). Many Electric types are known for living near, around, or sometimes in areas of human inhabitation (possibly due to the large amount of electricity people use). Some electric Pokémon, like Voltorb and Magnemite, resemble artificial objects used by humans (Voltorb's resemble Poké Balls, and the Magnemite family have what appear to be screws and magnets attached to their bodies). In Generation IV, Electric has the least type pairings, as only Water, Steel, Flying, and Ghost have been paired with it. In Generation V, however, the Electric type gains several more type pairings.
Abilities of Electric Pokémon
- Compoundeyes - Just the Joltik family; This is a Bug ability.
- Illuminate - Just the Chinchou family; This is a Water ability.
- Intimidate - Just the Shinx family; This is a Normal ability.
- Levitate - This is a Psychic ability.
- Lightningrod - This is a Ground ability.
- Limber - Just Stunfisk; This is a Normal ability.
- Magnet Pull - Just the Magnemite family; This is a Steel ability.
- Motor Drive
- Multitype - Unique to Arceus (Electric Arceus)
- Minus - Just Minun; This is a Steel ability.
- Pickup - Just Pachirisu; This is a Normal ability.
- Plus - Just Plusle; This is a Steel ability.
- Prankster - Just Thundurus; This is a Flying/Grass ability.
- Pressure - This is a Flying ability.
- Rivalry - Just the Shinx family; This is a Poison ability.
- Run Away - Just Pachirisu; This is a Normal ability.
- Soundproof - Just the Voltorb family; This is a Normal ability.
- Sturdy - Just the Magnemite family; This is a Rock ability.
- Teravolt - Unique to Zekrom.
- Unnerve - Unique to the Joltik family.
- Volt Absorb
- Aftermath - Just the Voltorb family; This is a Poison ability.
- Analytic - Just the Magnemite family; This is a Normal ability.
- Defiant - Just Thundurus; This is a Flying ability.
- Guts - Just the Shinx family; This is a Fighting ability.
- Quick Feet Just Jolteon; This is a Normal ability.
- Sand Veil - Just Stunfisk; This is a Ground ability.
- Sap Sipper - Just the Blitzle family; This is a Normal ability.
- Swarm - Just the Joltik family; This is a Bug ability.
- Vital Spirit - Just the Elekid family.
- Water Absorb - Just the Chinchou family; This is a Water ability.
Electric Pokémon Families
|Unevolved||First evolution||Second evolution||Other type|
|Magnemite||Magneton||Magnezone||Steel (Generation II onward)|
|Eevee||Jolteon||Only Jolteon is Electric|
|Rotom||Ghost (Normal Form)|
|Rotom||Fire (Generation V onward - Heat Form)|
|Rotom||Water (Generation V onward - Wash Form)|
|Rotom||Ice (Generation V onward - Frost Form)|
|Rotom||Flying (Generation V onward - Fan Form)|
|Rotom||Grass (Generation V onward - Mow Form)|