Ecruteak City is a city in the Johto region and the location of the forth Gym. The Gym Leader of this city is Morty who specializes in -type Pokémon and hands out the Fog Badge if the player defeats him.
Ecruteak City has a population of 46 which makes it the fourth-largest city in the Johto region.
Areas of Interest
According to legend, this tower is home to the legendary Pokémon, Ho-Oh.
The Burned Tower used to be as tall as the Bell Tower before it burned down in a mysterious fire 150 years prior to the events of Pokémon Gold, Silver, Crystal and their remakes. Lugia also used to live here, moving to Whirl Islands when the tower burned down. The legendary beasts: Raikou, Entei and Suicune can be encountered for the first time in the basement, after which they flee. It is also the place where Silver will challenge the player for the 3rd time.
Kimono Dance Theater
The Kimono Dance Theater is where the player meets and battles the Kimono Girls. Each of them has an evolution of [[Eevee]. After defeating them the player will be awarded with the HM for Surf.
- Main article: Ecruteak City Gym
- Hyper Potion: Near the Tin Tower
- HM03 Surf: Reward for defeating all the Kimono Girls in the Ecruteak Theater(Gold/Silver/Crystal) Reward for saving the single Kimono Girl present from a Team Rocket Grunt(HeartGold/SoulSilver)
- TM Shadow Ball: (from Morty after defeating him).
- A house that you cannot enter in Olivine City features an NPC that speaks of a pharmacist in Ecruteak City who had treated her Pokémon, despite the pharmacy being in Cianwood City instead. This is either a mistranslation, or a hint of the pharmacy originally being in Ecruteak City in the Beta version of Pokémon Gold and Silver. Evidence of the latter is that there's another inaccessible house in Ecruteak City, near the Mart and PokéCenter.
- The Cianwood City theme is same as the Ecruteak City theme in Pokémon Gold and Silver. In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, the music is unique but have the same base.