Ecruteak City is a city in the north-western part of the Johto region and the location of the fourth Gym. The Gym Leader of this city is Morty who specializes in Ghost-type Pokémon and hands out the Fog Badge if the player character defeats him.
Ecruteak City has a population of 46 which makes it the fourth-largest city in the Johto region.
Areas of Interest
According to legend, this tower is home to the legendary Pokémon, Ho-Oh.
The Burned Tower used to be as tall as the Bell Tower before it got burned down in a mysterious fire 150 years prior to the events of Pokémon Gold, Silver, Crystal and their remakes. Lugia also used to live here, moving to Whirl Islands when the tower burned down. The legendary beasts: Raikou, Entei and Suicune can be encountered for the first time in the basement, after which they flee. It is also the place where Silver will challenge the player character for the 3rd time.
Kimono Dance Theater
The Kimono Dance Theater is where the player character meets and battles the Kimono Girls. Each of them has an evolution of Eevee. After defeating them the player character will be awarded the HM for Surf.
- Main article: Ecruteak City Gym
- Hyper Potion: Near the Tin Tower
- HM03 Surf: Reward for defeating all the Kimono Girls in the Ecruteak Theater(Gold/Silver/Crystal) Reward for saving the single Kimono Girl present from a Team Rocket Grunt(HeartGold/SoulSilver)
- TM Shadow Ball: (from Morty after defeating him).
- A house that one cannot enter in Olivine City features a character that speaks of a pharmacist in Ecruteak City who had treated her Pokémon, despite the pharmacy being in Cianwood City instead. This is either a mistranslation, or a hint of the pharmacy originally being in Ecruteak City in the Beta version of Pokémon Gold and Silver. Evidence of the latter is that there's another inaccessible house in Ecruteak City, near the Mart and PokéCenter.
- The Cianwood City theme is same as the Ecruteak City theme in Pokémon Gold and Silver. In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, the music is unique but has the same base.
Place of Interest
Sprout Tower · Ruins of Alph · Goldenrod Radio Station · Goldenrod Department Store · National Park · Bell Tower · Burned Tower · Glitter Lighthouse · S.S. Aqua · Lake of Rage · Team Rocket HQ · Battle Tower C · Battle Frontier HGSS · Cliff Edge Gate HGSS · Embedded Tower HGSS · Pokéathlon Dome HGSS · Safari Zone HGSS
|Kanto (Sevii Islands) · Johto · Hoenn · Sinnoh (Battle Zone) · Unova · Kalos · Alola|
|This section is completely EMPTY!|
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.