In the Anime
Side Game Locations
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness|| Spacial Rift (B14F-B15F)|
Deep Spacial Rift (B1F-B4F)
Sky Stairway (1F-49F)
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia||Hippowdon Temple|
|Pokémon Rumble||Eternal Tower|
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
In this game, Dusknoir plays a good guy in the beginning, when you first meet him. Everybody thinks he is a great and famous explorer. He saves you a few times too. But when you capture the "evil" Grovyle (who's really your partner when you were a human), Dusknoir grabs you and your partner and drags you into another world. You end up battling him and several Sableye before going to Temporal Tower.
Dusknoir's name is composed of two words. The first is "dusk", which means afternoon, and "noir", which is French for black.
- Dusknoir might be inspired by Grim Reaper, followed by Dusclops and Duskull.
- Despite its legend, Dusknoir is not a legendary Pokémon.
- In the Japanese version, the Dusknoir Pokédex entry says it takes spirits to the Underworld. This could possibly be referring to Hell, a place in some religions in which the souls of sinners are taken in order to punish their sins. It was changed to the spirit world possibly because of the entry's morbidness and reference to religion.
- In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/sky, Dusknoir is a main villain of the game.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data