Dragonite greatly differ from their sea serpent-like pre-evolved forms. Both Dratini and Dragonair had a blue coloring with no limbs or wings (excluding the wing-like ears of Dragonair). Dragonite are large, orange, bipedal , with two turquoise wings on its back. Dragonite largely resembles a Charizard, as both have the same orange colouring, and the same blue underside of their wings, except for its lack of a flame on the end of their tails, and a somewhat rounder, and friendlier appearance.
All Dragonite have the ability Inner Focus which allows it to keep from flinching in a battle.
In addition to their ability, this Pokémon is also very powerful, with a base attack stat of 134. Many of its attacks can cause major damage, including Outrage and Hyper Beam. Despite their large size, Dragonite are also very agile, and can move at great speeds. The Pokédex states that it can circle the globe in just 16 hours.
In the animeDragonite made its first appearance in the episode Mystery at the Lighthouse, where Bill is searching for it. It appeared during the last moments of the episode and was unusually large, making this Dragonite in particular a Giant Pokémon.
In The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon, Professor Oak used his own Dragonite in battle against the Mirage Master.
Dragonite also made an appearance in the Pokémon:The First Movie as Mewtwo's "postman" as it uses Dragonite to send the invitations out.
Known trainers with a Dragonite
- The level required to evolve a Dragonair into a Dragonite was the highest level out of every Pokémon but one, at level 55. Tyranitar is the only other Pokémon to be evolved at this level. However, this record was broken by Hydreigon in Generation V: he evolves from Zweilous at level 64.Larvesta also beats Dragonite By Evolving At level 59.
- Dragonite has the 2nd highest base stats out of every non-legendary Pokémon.
- At level 100, Dragonite can have a tremendous 403 ATK at Beneficial Nature. Between the non-Legendary Pokémon, Tyranitar has the same ATK levels, and this stat is surpassed only by Salamence and Metagross, both hitting 405 ATK, and Slaking, with his impressive 460 ATK.
- The Generation I Dragonite's did not have a horn on the top of their head, a feature that was added in the Generation II games.
- A skeleton of Dragonite appears in the Nacrene city museum.
- There is currently only 4 / types. Dragonite is one of them.
- Dragonite is actually shorter than its pre-evolution, Dragonair
- Lance's Dragonite in Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold and SoulSilver was only level 50 The first time you battled him. In HeartGold and SoulSilver when Lance helped the player beat Ariana and then his Dragonite was only Level 40!
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data