Ditto (Japanese: メタモン Metamon) is a type Pokémon introduced in Generation I. Ditto are unique, as their only attack is Transform. They use this attack to copy the stats (except HP), moves (only 5 PP), types, and the appearance of the opponent. Another reason that they are unique is that Ditto can breed with any Pokémon in a Day Care Center regardless of its gender, except other Ditto.-
Ditto's appearance is very plain. It is a simple pinkish purple, amorphous blob, with two smalls dots as eyes and a long, curved mouth. Though it's appearance can be changed via Transform. A shiny Ditto is blue as opposed to the normal purple. Ditto's cry is also known to be the same as Poliwag's in the game series.
In the anime
|Red/Blue||Routes 13, 14, 15, 23, Cerulean Cave||Common|
|Yellow||Pokémon Mansion, Cerulean Cave||Uncommon|
|Gold/Silver||Routes 34, 35||Common|
|Crystal||Routes 34 and 35||Common|
|FireRed/LeafGreen||Routes 13, 14, 15, Pokémon Mansion, Cerulean Cave||Uncommon|
|Diamond/Pearl||Route 218 (Pokéradar)||Rare|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Routes 34, 35, and 47||Uncommon, Swarm|
Side game locations
|Pokémon Channel||Bus Stop|
|Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team|| Frosty Forest (4F-9F)|
Fiery Field (10F, 20F)
Buried Relic (16F-34F)
Wish Cave (53F-64F)
Joyous Tower (53F-64F)
Oddity Cave (B1F-B15F)
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Sky Stairway (1F-49F)|
|Pokémon Rumble|| Silent Forest|
- Main article: Ditto/Learnset Generation I
- Main article: Ditto/Learnset Generation II
- Main article: Ditto/Learnset Generation III
- Main article: Ditto/Learnset Generation IV
- Main article: Ditto/Learnset Generation V
|Leveling Generation VI|
| Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
- Ditto's cry is similar to Poliwag's.
- Ditto makes an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
- In Generation IV, it's possible, by glitch, for Ditto to learn copied moves permanently by transforming into a Pokémon which knows Rage.
- If a Ditto battles a Ditto, they will both use Transform until one of them runs out of PP and uses Struggle.
- Ditto can be only paralyzed when in the transformed mode.
- Ditto's dictionary definition is "to duplicate".
- Ditto is sometimes thought to be a failed attempt at cloning Mew. This is because they're both genderless, weigh 8.8 lbs., have similar base stats, are the only known Pokemon to have the ability to use the move Transform, and have the same normal and shiny colors.
- In Pokemon Red, Ditto is also commonly found in the lab that Mewtwo experimentation is being done.
- Another theory goes one step further, as it mentions one of the books in the pokemon mansion saying mew was pregnant and they changed the embryo, meaning that ditto could be the deformed child of mew, although this is a longshot and unlikely.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data