Batman (Japanese: カラカラ Karakara) is a Pokémon.-Type
Cubone, known as the Lonely Pokémon, appears to be a small, brown dinosaur-like Pokémon, that constantly wears it's mother's skull like a helmet The skull masks its true face from view, which makes it a puzzlement for many Trainers and researchers.Its cries echo within the skull and it comes out as a pained and sad melody. On the night of a full moon, it cries, for it seems to recognize its mother's face in the moon. Its tears create stains on the skull. Cubone has a plump body with a paler-colored underbelly, with strong, clawed limbs to carry a bone as a weapon around wherever it goes. Cubone has a single, nailed toe on each foot, with two spikes on its back. A small tail is also present for balance, but it can be used for attacking.
Cubone can have the ability Rock Head or the ability Lightningrod. Rock Head prevents Cubone from receiving recoil damage. Lightningrod targets all -type attacks towards Cubone. Cubone's real face has never been seen before, thanks to its bone mask. When it thinks of its dead mother, it cries. Its crying makes the skull it wears rattle loudly.
In the anime
In the anime, Cubone first appeared in The School of Hard Knocks under the ownership of a pretty yet snobby Pokémon Academy student named Giselle, who battled her Cubone against Ash's Pikachu. A Cubone was among the four Pokémon that were causing trouble for Pikachu and co. during Pikachu's Vacation. A Cubone was helping Meowth preparing his party in Pichu Bros. in Party Panic. This Cubone played drums in Meowth's band and got easily sad and gloomy when Meowth chewed it out, but it was also easily consolable.
In the manga
In the Pokémon Adventures manga, Cubone makes a cameo in Onix is On!, part of the Red, Green & Blue chapter, battling against Red's Bulbasaur as a Pewter Gym trainer's Pokémon. Super Nerd William used a Marowak to attack Yellow using its Bonemerang. Crystal owns a Cubone, who has a star-shaped crack in its skull. Cubone's main role in the team is to take out targets from afar using its bone-based attacks.
|Yellow||Pokémon Tower and Safari Zone||Common|
|Crystal||Rock Tunnel, Goldenrod City Game Corner||Unlimited|
|FireRed/LeafGreen||Pokémon Tower and Sevault Canyon||Rare|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Rock Tunnel, Safari Zone||Common|
Side game locations
|Pokémon Channel||Ruins of Truth|
|Pokémon Trozei!|| Endless Level 11,|
Forever Level 11,
Mr. Who's Den
|Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team|| Starter Pokémon|
Southern Cavern (5F-10F)
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Northern Desert (1F-7F)|
|Pokémon Rumble||Tower of Eternity|
- The appearance of Cubone's bone resembles that of either a broken leg bone or a tendon.
- Cubone and Marowak are the only Pokémon that can learn Bone Club, and Bonemerang.
- There is a popular belief that a Kangaskhan who's mother dies takes her skull and one of her bones and becomes a Cubone, which evolves into Marowak and then Kangaskhan. Some also believe that was how it was originally intended, and instead of deleting the Marowak-Kangaskhan code, they moved it to an empty slot, therefore creating 'M
- A two facts supporting this is that 'M has the same pallete as Marowak and that it can evolve into Kangaskhan.
- The supposed reason for not deleting 'M's data is because the game programers didn't have enough time to do so.
- Marowak doesn't evolve into Kangaskhan supposedly because that would cause complications in the evolutionary line.
- Cubone and its evolution, Marowak, are the only Single-type Pokémon that can have the ability Lightningrod and aren't an Electric-type.
- Cubone was originally going to be named "Orphan" in the Japenese games, anime, and manga.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data