Cosmoem (コスモウム Kosumoumu) is a Psychic-type Legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation VII. It is the evolved form of Cosmog and the pre-evolved form of Solgaleo (in Sun) and Lunala (in Moon).
Cosmoem is the evolved form of Cosmog. It evolves into Solgaleo (Sun) or Lunala (Moon) at level 53.
| Pokédex Entries
|Motionless as if dead, its body is faintly warm to the touch. In the distant past, it was called the cocoon of the stars.
|There’s something accumulating around the black core within its hard shell. People think this Pokémon may come from another world.
| Ultra Sun
| Ultra Moon
This Pokémon learns no moves via TM/HM.
This Pokémon learns no moves via breeding.
This Pokémon learns no moves via tutoring.
In the anime
- Main article: Nebby (anime)
- This is both the smallest and the heaviest of all Pokémon, being only as tall as Joltik but weighing as much as Primal Groudon.
- Even though its evolved forms (both Solgaleo and Lunala) are much bigger than Cosmoem, they weigh much less.
- Cosmoem has a distinctive metallic hum in its cry. This also happened on all other Ultra Beast, Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma.
Cosmoem is based on a protostar. Its immense weight despite its miniscule size may be a reference to incredibly dense neutron stars. Its appearance may also be inspired by an eye, as well as an egg.
- Cosmoem may be a combination of "cosmic", "embryo" and "maelstrom".
- The Japanese name, コスモウム, officially romanized as Cosmovum likely comes from cosmos and ovum, which is the Latin word for egg.
- Cosmovum, the French and German name, is the same as the official romanization of the Japanese name.
Names in other languages
- English/Spanish/Italian: Cosmoem
- Japanese: コスモウム (officially romanized as "Cosmovum")
- Korean: 코스모움