Combee are able to stick together and build a large wall for protection and Defense.
They usually travel in packs and they bring honey and other food sources to their leader, Vespiquen.
Combee debuted at the end of the episode The Grass-Type is Always Greener! where Ash and Co. along with Cheryl would follow it in the next episode. Combee had an even bigger part in An Angry Combeenation! where they guarded their colony and served their leader Vespiquen.
Combee made a cameo in the Pokémon movie The Rise of Darkrai.
|Diamond/Pearl||Sweet Honey Tree||Common|
|Platinum||Sweet Honey Tree||Uncommon|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Headbutt trees, Bug-Catching Contest||Uncommon|
Side Game Locations
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Apple Woods (6F-12F)|
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia|| Vien Forest|
All of the following can only be tutored in Pokémon Platinum.
Combee's English name comes from a combination of the word "honeycomb", and "bee". It's Japanese name Mitsuhoney comes from the words 蜜蜂 mitsubacchi (honey bee), and the English word honey. The name Combee also sounds similar to "combine," as Combee resembles a combination of three bees.
- This is one of the only Pokémon with two different genders where only the female can evolve.
- The fact that there are more male Combee than female may be linked to the fact that real Bees only have a single queen and many male workers.
- Combee's name may be "Honeycomb," and "Bee," or "Combination," and "Bee," considering how each Combee has a combination of 3 faces.
- Combee is the second Pokémon to be based on a bee, the first being Beedrill and third being Combee's evolved form, Vespiquen.
- It is possible Combee can take 481,266,000 damage in one move, making it the Pokemon that can take the most damage in one move.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data