| ||Cannot Be Bought|
| ||Cannot Be Sold|
The Coin Case is an item found in the Kanto region games and it was introduced in Generation I. Since then, it has been featured as an obtainable item in every single region and Pokémon game until Pokémon Black and White. This item can hold up to 9999 coins so the player can buy various items and Pokémon in the Game Corner shops.
The Coin Case is given to the player for use in the Game Corner, and in the first three Generations is capable of holding approximately 9,999 coins received from the Game Corner. However, this value was upgraded as of the fourth Generation to that of 50,000 coins. Coins are gifted to the player in a variety of ways, the most notably being the playing of slot machines at the Game Corner. The second way to obtain said coins would be to purchase them from the counter at the Game Corner, in order to activate the machines. When selected in the Bag, the Coin Case will tell the player how many coins they have left.
- RBG - The Coin Case is given to the player from a man in a house at Celadon City. It is the same for the remakes, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen.
- GSC - The Coin Case is acquired in these games from the underground section of Goldenrod City for Japanese players. However, for international versions of the game, the player will receive the Coin Case from Mr. Game at the Game Corner. It is the same for the remakes, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver.
- RSE - The Coin Case is obtained here by giving a Harbor Mail to a woman in Mauville City, who will reward your generosity with the coveted Coin Case.
- DPPt - The Coin Case is obtained from a clown living in Veilstone City.
- BW - The Coin Case key item and the Game Corner concept are entirely absent from these games, and are hence unavailable to receive.
There are also a multitude of glitches pertaining to the Coin Case in Generation II games. This involves the player hearing a Pokémon's cry, and then immediately opening the Coin Case, which can result in the game freezing or the activation of a glitch zone.