Cofagrigus is a blue and yellow sarcophagus, with intimidating-looking red evil eyes and sharp teeth with hands that seem to be shadows. The mask it held as a Yamask is moved to the center of its forehead.
|It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.|
|They pretend to be elaborate coffins to teach lessons to grave robbers. Their bodies are covered in pure gold.|
|Leveling Generation VI|
|Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
PokePark 2: Wonders Beyond
In PokePark 2: Wonders Beyond, a Cofagrigus appears as the first boss character in the game. He is first seen outside of the first attraction, but when Pikachu beats it, one of the elemental monkeys informs Pikachu about Cofagrigus's cakes. Before Pikachu could deal with him, two large arms attempt to ensnare Pikachu, Piplup and Oshawott in its grasp. However, only Oshawott and Pikachu would escape, as Piplup would suffer a most terrible fate.
When Pikachu and Oshawot return, many Pokémon are under the influence of Cofagrigus' cakes and Pikachu and Oshawott challenge Cofagrigus' attraction again. This results in the duo succeeding in complete the challenge, and Cofagrigus attempting to subdue them. A boss battle begins, and Cofagrigus hovers over a large cake while his Yamask minions attack Pikachu and Oshawott. With his tower of cake decimated, Cofagrigus challenges the duo head on, only to lose. Shortly after the battle, the duo ring the bell and Cofagrigus and Gothita teleport away.
After Darkrai is defeated, Cofagrigus is seen again getting sucked into a large void along with the rest of Wish Park.
After Darkrai is revived along with wish park, Cofagrigus will be at his attraction, unlockable as a friend if you battle him.
- Cofagrigus is based off an Egyptian Sarcophagus.
- Cofagrigus was among eight Pokémon revealed on the show Oha Suta on June 27, 2010. It was officially revealed on the October issue of Coro Coro on September 11, 2010.
- Cofagrigus seems to encourage non thieving, as it punishes thieves for stealing and turns them into Mummies.
- Due to what is said above, it proves that it enforces the "Curse of the Mummy"
- When hit by an attack it will withdraw its arms and close the mask on its face.
- Yamask's "mask" appears on top of Cofafrigus's face.
- Despite being based on the coffin, Cofagrigus is not a Ground, or Rock type, nor able to learn any Ground or Rock type moves. And also despite the coffin's made out of steel, it is not a Steel type neither, nor able to learn any Steel type moves.
- Despite punishing grave robbers, Cofagrigus can learn the move Thief.
- Despite having 4 arms, only 2 of them are available to use props.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon.Marriland data
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data