|Family:||Bonnie (younger sister), Meyer (father)|
|First Appearance:||Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!|
|Voice actor:|| Yūki Kaji (Japanese)|
Michael Liscio (English)
He is a boy with blonde hair, blues eyes and glasses. He wears a blue jump suit with yellow strips on the legs. He also wears black shoes and has a device on his back in which he uses to perform different actions.
He is a very keen inventor, but there is a running joke involving his devices exploding instantly, or working briefly, as seen in the anime. He is also dedicated to science and only fears something if it defies logic. Clemont is also shown to have fear of standing in front of the camera, which would mean he has photophobia.
One of Clemont's most noticable traits is his care and responsability over Bonnie. He gets upset and even angry when she wanders off or gets into trouble, and often comes across as nagging. Still, he is very affectionate towards her, hugging her when she is afraid or holding her hand, and aware of her physical needs, as shown when he makes her eat her vegetables, even though she doesn't like them. He is very protective of her, and puts her safety above all else, even risking his own life to do so on occasion.
Clemont is the Gym Leader of Lumiose City and, when he originally meets Ash, he battles him after he was kicked out of the Lumiose Gym, with Ash unaware of the fact he is the Gym Leader. He is an avid inventor and has a device called the Aipom Arm in his backpack. He has a little sister named Bonnie. He also appears to not be very physically fit, as he runs slower and arrived at Professor Sycamore's lab moments after Ash and Bonnie. It was revealed that one of his inventions got hold of his Gym after it went online. Clemont used to play with a Shinx when he was little.
'''Clemontic Gear''' (Japanese: シトロニクギア Citronic Gear) are the inventions created by Clemont in order to accomplish various kinds of tasks. Most of his inventions are stored inside his Bag.
But as a recurring gag, most of his new devices ends up exploding for various reasons (mostly relating to them going over-their-limit) which leads to the group facing the aftermath of the explosions.
|Air Bag|| Usage: It is a standard invention stored inside his bag and is useful in order to protect people.
Status: It is present in working condition.
|Aipom Arm|| Usage: A useful invention attached at the back of his bag. It mainly act as a third arm for Clemont (just like a Aipom's tail acts as a third arm, and hence the name). This arm has considerable functionalities, like capable of unlocking security door access and is also quite powerful as its easily able to lift standard size boulders and has enough power to pull a person away.
Status: It is present in working condition.
|Bird Pokemon Luring Machine|| Usage: The basic concept of this machine was to attract various kind of Bird Pokemons by stimulating the magnetic substance that control their homing instinct using sound waves of certain frequency to draw them closer or repel them away.
Status: The machine failed to attract Bird Pokemons, but instead worked on the horde of wild Beedrill that where in the forest and attracted them instead. Thinking that the frequency created by the machine was wrong, Clemont tried to use the machine on an higher frequency in hopes of attracting Bird Pokemon, which caused the machine to exploded due to an overload.
|Electricity Generating Machine|| Usage: The concept of this machine is to utilize the Frictional Energy and transforming it into Electrical Energy, thus generating Static Electricity.
Status: It was used to help Dedenne recover its strength but during its activation, Clemont accidentally broke its Control Lever and thus couldn't control the machine anymore which ended-up exploding because of a overload.
|Sticky Never Never Give Up Machine (Called the "Sticky Web Sticky Wicked Whacker Wonk" in the dub)|| Usage: This machine breaks down the composition of Sticky Web on a DNA level and is able to perfectly reconstruct its stickiness, colour, smell and nutrients and fire at its target. According to Clemont, he had applied for a "Patent Application" for this machine to relevant authorities.
Status: This machine was created in order to help train Ash for his re-match against Viola, and it was really useful to Ash. But when Clemont decided to use it in Max Level, a misfire causes the mouth of the machine to clog up with the Sticky Web composition and with its outlet blocked, the machine ended up exploding.
At Lumiose Gym
- Japanese: Yūki Kaji
- English: Michael Liscio Jr.
- Finnish: Henri Piispanen
- French: Thibault Delmotte
- Greek: Nikos Papadopoulos
- Italian: Simone Lupinacci
- Korean: Gyuhyeok
- Brazilian Portuguese: Bruno Mello
- Latin America: José Ángel Torres
- Spain: Miguel Antelo
- Swedish: Adam Portnoff
- Clemont takes on the role of the traveling older sibling, but this time, as the older brother with his little sister, Bonnie. In Pokémon: Advanced Generation, May was the first older sibling with her younger brother, Max.
- Clemont is also the third Gym Leader to travel with Ash, with Brock and Cilan being the first two. However, regarding characters that have something to do with the title Gym Leader at all, whether as a former or future holder of the position, then Clemont is the fourth character to do so, with him, Brock and Cilan each being moved up a spot as Misty was the first Gym Leader to travel with Ash, though her case is as a future Gym Leader.
- Still Clemont is the third male Gym Leader.
- Clemont appears to be the same age and height as Ash, as the previous male traveling companions were either taller than him or older.
- Whenever Clemont reveals any of his new gear or inventions, Ash takes an extreme liking and awe to them, while Serena and Bonnie dislike the names that Clemont calls his inventions.