Clefairy (Japanese: ピッピ Pippi) is a type (formerly -type) Pokémon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Cleffa and into Clefable. In the Pocket Monsters Manga, Red's Clefairy evolves into Mewthree for a brief period of time.-
Clefairy is a small, pink Pokémon with a cute appearance. Many people think Clefairy looks like a combination of two Pokémon, because it has a body like a Jigglypuff's, but ears like Pikachu's. Its ears are brown and it has a long tail.
Clefairy can have the ability Magic Guard or Cute Charm. Cute Charm allows Clefairy to have a 30% chance to infatuate the foe if the foe is the opposite gender and a physical attack hits Clefairy. Magic Guard allows Clefairy to only get damage by attacks. Clefairy can jump very high, as seen in the anime, and can hear very well. This is often the reason why they are hard to find.
In the anime
- Main article: Whitney's Clefairy
A group of Clefairies tried to fly to the moon in a space ship they built on Mt. Moon. Ash battled Whitney's Clefairy in A Goldenrod Opportunity.
|Red/Blue||Mt. Moon, Rocket Game Corner||Rare|
|Crystal||Routes 3 and 4 (Night), Mt. Moon||Rare|
|FireRed/LeafGreen||Mt. Moon, Rocket Game Corner||Rare|
|HeartGold/SoulSilver||Mt. Moon, Safari Zone||Rare|
Side game locations
|Pokémon Channel||Viridian Forest|
|Pokémon Trozei!|| Huge Storage 3,|
Mr. Who's Den
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Marine Resort (B1F-B19F)|
|Pokémon Rumble||Gravel Cave|
- Main article: Clefairy/Learnset Generation I
Super Smash Bros.
Clefairy appeared in Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee, where it would be released out of a Poké Ball.
Clefairy appears to be based on a star-shaped fairy whilst its name probably comes from clef (as in music) and fairy.
- Despite having wings, Clefairy can't learn any moves involving its wings nor is it -type too.
- Clefairy was going to be called Aria.
- Clefairy is the only non-Cosmic Power along with its evolutionary family. -type to learn
- Originally, the Pokémon that Prof. Oak was going give Ash was a Clefairy. This means that Clefairy was going to be the face of the Pokémon Franchise. This idea was later scrapped at the last minute for Pikachu, because Pikachu was more popular than Clefairy.
- Clefairy is one of three Pokémon that can learn the attack Meteor Mash, and the only non- -type to learn it.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data