Charmeleon is a small, bipedal, dinosaur-like Pokémon with an appearance similar to that of its pre-evolved form, Charmander. Charmeleon differs from Charmander in that it has a much darker skin color, a larger structure, claws and a horn-like protrusion on the back of its head, similar to that of an ornithopod's.
Charmeleon like its other evolutionary forms, can breathe fire. Its powers though, are much greater than Charmander's but lesser than Charizard's.
In the anime
- Main article: Ash's Charmeleon
Ash Ketchum owned a Charmeleon early on in his travels. His Charmeleon had evolved from a Charmander that Ash had befriended. Unlike the obedient Charmander, Charmeleon was rebellious and never listened to Ash's commands, even attacking him sometimes. It only spent three episodes as a Charmeleon, The March of the Exeggutor Squad, The Problem with Paras, and Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon. Since it evolved from a Charmander into a Charmeleon in The March of the Exeggutor Squad, the first episode it had been featured in, and from Charmeleon into a Charizard in Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon, the third episode it had been featured, it had been only Charmeleon for one entire episode, The Problem with Paras.
|Black/White||Poké Transfer, Dream World||None|
- Main article: Charmeleon/Learnset Generation I
- Main article: Charmeleon/Learnset Generation II
- Main article: Charmeleon/Learnset Generation III
- Main article: Charmeleon/Learnset Generation IV
|Leveling Generation VI|
|17||Dragon Rage||—||100%||10||[[Move#Special||Special ]]|
|21||Scary Face||-||100%||10||[[Move#Status||Status ]]|
|28||Fire Fang||65||95%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|32||Flame Burst||70||100%||15||[[Move#Special||Special ]]|
|50||Fire Spin||35||85%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
| Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
- Japanese: リザード (Rizādo in Romaji) means lizard.
- English: Charmeleon's English name comes from combining the words char (burn) and chameleon.
- French: "Reptincel" comes form the combination of the words "reptile"(reptile) and "étincelle" (sparkle).
- In Generation I, Charmeleon learns Slash at level 22, and is given the chance to learn Slash again when it evolves to Charizard at level 36.
- Charmeleon is the only Pokemon with human eyes.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data