Charmeleon is a small, bipedal, dinosaur-like Pokémon with an appearance similar to that of its pre-evolved form, Charmander. Charmeleon differs from Charmander in that it has a much darker skin color, a larger structure, claws and a horn-like protrusion on the back of its head, similar to that of an Template:WP's.
Charmeleon like its other evolutionary forms, can breathe fire. Its powers though, are much greater than Charmander's but lesser than Charizard's.
In the anime
Ash Ketchum owned a Charmeleon early on in his travels. His Charmeleon had evolved from a Charmander that Ash had befriended. Unlike the obedient Charmander, Charmeleon was rebellious and never listened to Ash's commands, even attacking him sometimes. It only spent three episodes as a Charmeleon, The March of the Exeggutor Squad, The Problem with Paras, and Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon. Since it evolved from a Charmander into a Charmeleon in The March of the Exeggutor Squad, the first episode it had been featured in, and from Charmeleon into a Charizard in Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon, the third episode it had been featured, it had been only Charmeleon for one entire episode, The Problem with Paras.
|Black/White||Poké Transfer, Dream World||None|
- Main article: Charmeleon/Learnset Generation I
- Main article: Charmeleon/Learnset Generation II
- Main article: Charmeleon/Learnset Generation III
- Main article: Charmeleon/Learnset Generation IV
|Leveling Generation VI|
|17||Dragon Rage||—||100%||10||[[Move#Special||Special ]]|
|21||Scary Face||-||100%||10||[[Move#Status||Status ]]|
|28||Fire Fang||65||95%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|32||Flame Burst||70||100%||15||[[Move#Special||Special ]]|
|50||Fire Spin||35||85%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
| Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
- Japanese: リザード (Rizādo in Romaji) means lizard.
- English: Charmeleon's English name comes from combining the words char (burn) and chameleon.
- French: "Reptincel" comes form the combination of the words "reptile"(reptile) and "étincelle" (sparkle).
- In Generation I, Charmeleon learns Slash at level 22, and is given the chance to learn Slash again when it evolves to Charizard at level 32.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data