Charizard (Japanese: リザードン Rizaadon) is the type Starter Pokémon of the Kanto region, evolved from Charmeleon and the final evolution of Charmander. Charizard is the mascot of Pokémon Red and its remake, Pokémon FireRed.-
Charizard is a large dragon-like Pokémon that differs greatly from its pre-evolved form. The red skin color of Charmeleon is no longer apparent, as Charizard appears to have reverted to the orange/yellow color of Charmander. The single horn that was on the back of its head is now two, one on either side. The most notable difference between Charizard and its pre-evolved forms are the large wings that have developed on its back, which give Charizard the capability of flying.
Charizard's Mega Evolution using Charizardite X is different from Charizard, as it now has gray body color and blue flames, while using Charizardite Y Mega Charizard has a big horn on the top of its head and larger wings.
The fire on Charizard's tail will change to a bluish-white color if it furious. Given its dragon-like appearance, it makes sense that Charizard is capable of learning many Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse etc. However,it is of type as Mega Charizard X.moves such as
Charizard evolves from Charmeleon as of level 36. Charizard is the final evolved form of Charmander. Charizard can evolve into its mega form in Pokémon X/Y, during battle. And has two mega evolutions, most likely to create differences in the games, X and Y.
|This article or section is completely BLANK!|
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.
|Black/White||Poké Transfer, Dream World||None|
- Main article: Charizard/Learnset Generation I
- Main article: Charizard/Learnset Generation II
- Main article: Charizard/Learnset Generation III
- Main article: Charizard/Learnset Generation IV
|Leveling Generation VI|
|1||Dragon Claw||80||100%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|1||Shadow Claw||70||100%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|1||Air Slash||75||95%||20||[[Move#Special||Special ]]|
|17||Dragon Rage||—||100%||10||[[Move#Special||Special ]]|
|21||Scary Face||-||100%||10||[[Move#Status||Status ]]|
|28||Fire Fang||65||95%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|32||Flame Burst||70||100%||15||[[Move#Special||Special ]]|
|36||Wing Attack||60||100%||35||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|44||Fire Spin||35||85%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|48||Heat Wave||100||90%||10||]]||[[Move#Special||Special ]]|
|48||Flare Blitz||120||100%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
| Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
Liza of Charicific Valley owns a Female Charizard named Charla, who is seen in Charizard's Burning Ambition|Charizard's Burning Ambition, Great Bowls of Fire!, and Better Eight Than Never. Her Charizard is also seen in the Pokémon movie, The Spell of the Unown.
- Main article: Ash's Charizard
Ash Ketchum owns a Charizard, who is currently in training in Charicific Valley. At one time, Ash's Charizard was disobedient, ignored his commands, and cost him several battles. After a battle with a Poliwrath, in which he was frozen by an Ice Beam, he was defrosted by Ash, and decided to help pay his loyalty back. Charizard is currently Ash's strongest Pokémon, albeit still training to become stronger. It has defeated legendaries, such as Articuno and Entei, and has much more potential.
- English: Charizard's name is a combination of the words char (to burn) and lizard.
- Japanese: The Japanese name, Lizardon (リザードン Rizādon in Rōmaji), is probably a combination of a pronunciation of the word "Lizard" and "Dragon". Also, -don is a suffix in a few dinosaur names, meaning "foot". "Don" as the last part of its name would probably cause people to imagine it as a dinosaur-like Pokémon.
- French:" Dracaufeu" is a combination of the words "dragon" and "feu" (fire).
- With Charizard's base stat total at 534 in all Pokémon games except Red/Blue/Yellow, Charizard has the highest base stat total of the three fully evolved forms of the Generation I starter Pokémon (as compared to Blastoise's base stat total at 530, and Venusaur's at 525).
- In the games, Rhyhorn has almost exactly the same cry as Charizard, albeit slightly different pitches.
- Charizard is the only form of any starter to be part
- Oddly, in Generation One, Charizard can't learn fly, despite it being part flying type.
- Its shiny form is black rather than yellow unlike its previous forms.
- A Charizard is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, along with Squirtle and Ivysaur.
- Charizard's Shiny form has changed quite a few times. Originally, it was purple with blue-green eyes and had green inner-wings. Then, it was blue-ish black with red eyes and red inner wings and it's stomach color was a greener hue. Now, it looks the same as before, just it's slightly darker blue. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Charizard's blue costume is assumed to be a remake of the Shiny form, just with blue inner wings, blue eyes, and very light purple/pinkish purple. Afterwards, it was remade to be black with a greener stomach, red eyes and red inner wings.
- Charizard is the version mascot for Generation I's Pokémon Red and later for its remake FireRed in Generation 3.
- Charizard's stats are identical to Typhlosion's.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data