Vegeta is the best sayin he iz not as good as master ceef but he iz still the best becuz he killz frieza but thats kool he kills all the guys and doesnt afraid of anything.
Charizard is able to breathe fire, like its pre-evolved forms. However, unlike its pre-evolved forms, Charizard now has the ability to use Fly with the development of the large wings on its back. Charizard can also learn the -type move Shadow Claw.
In the anime
Ash Ketchum owns a Charizard, who is currently in training in Charicific Valley. At one time, Ash's Charizard was disobedient, ignored to any of his commands, and cost him several battles. After a battle with a Poliwrath, in which he was frozen by an Ice Beam, he was defrosted by Ash, and decided to help his loyality back. Charizard is currently Ash's strongest Pokémon, albeit still training to become stronger. It has defeated legendaries, such as Articuno and Entei, and has much more potential.
Liza of Charicific Valley owns a Female Charizard named Charla, who is seen in Charizard's Burning Ambition, Great Bowls of Fire!, and Better Eight Than Never. Her Charizard is also seen in the Pokémon movie, The Spell of the Unown.
|Black/White||Poké Transfer, Dream World||None|
|Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
DAVID IS THE POKEMON OVERLORD!]]
|Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
|File:Charizard Back V.png|
|File:Charizard Shiny BW.png||File:Charizard Shiny Back V.png|
|X||Y||Omega Ruby||Alpha Sapphire||Back|
- English: Charizard's name is a combination of the words char (to burn) and lizard.
- Japanese: The Japanese name, Lizardon (リザードン Rizādon in Rōmaji), is probably a combination of a pronunciation of the word "Lizard" and "Dragon". Also, -don is a suffix in a few dinosaur names, meaning "foot". "Don" as the last part of its name would probably cause people to imagine it as a dinosaur-like Pokémon.
- French:" Dracaufeu" is a combination of the words "dragon" and "feu" (fire).
- With Charizard's base stat total at 534 in all Pokémon games except Red/Blue/Yellow, Charizard has the highest base stat total of the three fully evolved forms of the Generation I starter Pokémon (as compared to Blastoise's base stat total at 530, and Venusaur's at 525).
- In the games, Rhyhorn has almost exactly the same cry as Charizard, albeit slightly different pitches.
- Charizard is the only form of any starter to be part
- Oddly, in Generation One, Charizard can't learn fly, despite it being part flying type.
- Its shiny form is black rather than yellow unlike its previous forms.
- A Charizard is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, along with Squirtle and Ivysaur.
- Charizard's Shiny form has changed quite a few times. Originally, it was purple with blue-green eyes and had green inner-wings. Then, it was blue-ish black with red eyes and red inner wings and it's stomach color was a greener hue. Now, it looks the same as before, just it's slightly darker blue. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Charizard's blue costume is assumed to be a remake of the Shiny form, just with blue inner wings, blue eyes, and very light purple/pinkish purple. Afterwards, it was remade to be black with a greener stomach, red eyes and red inner wings.
- Charazard is the only fire starter pokemon that is another type besides fighting.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data