Charizard is a large dragon-like Pokémon that differs greatly from its pre-evolved form. The red skin color of Charmeleon is no longer apparent, as Charizard appears to have reverted back to the orange/yellow color of Charmander. The single horn that was on the back of its head is now two, one on either side. The most notable difference between Charizard and its pre-evolved forms are the large wings that have developed on its back. Given its dragon-like appearance, it makes sense that Charizard is capable of learning manymoves.
Charizard is able to breathe fire, like its pre-evolved forms. However, unlike its pre-evolved forms, Charizard now has the ability to use Fly with the development of the large wings on its back. Charizard can also learn the -type move Shadow Claw.
In the anime
Ash Ketchum owns a Dildo
|Black/White||Poké Transfer, Dream World||None|
- Main article: Charizard/Learnset Generation I
- Main article: Charizard/Learnset Generation II
- Main article: Charizard/Learnset Generation III
- Main article: Charizard/Learnset Generation IV
|Leveling Generation VI|
|1||Dragon Claw||80||100%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|1||Shadow Claw||70||100%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|1||Air Slash||75||95%||20||[[Move#Special||Special ]]|
|17||Dragon Rage||—||100%||10||[[Move#Special||Special ]]|
|21||Scary Face||-||100%||10||[[Move#Status||Status ]]|
|28||Fire Fang||65||95%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|32||Flame Burst||70||100%||15||[[Move#Special||Special ]]|
|36||Wing Attack||60||100%||35||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|44||Fire Spin||35||85%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
|48||Heat Wave||100||90%||10||]]||[[Move#Special||Special ]]|
|48||Flare Blitz||120||100%||15||[[Move#Physical||Physical ]]|
- English: Charizard's name is a combination of the words char (to burn) and lizard.
- Japanese: The Japanese name, Lizardon (リザードン Rizādon in Rōmaji), is probably a combination of a pronunciation of the word "Lizard" and "Dragon". Also, -don is a suffix in a few dinosaur names, meaning "foot". "Don" as the last part of its name would probably cause people to imagine it as a dinosaur-like Pokémon.
- French:" Dracaufeu" is a combination of the words "dragon" and "feu" (fire).
- With Charizard's base stat total at 534 in all Pokémon games except Red/Blue/Yellow, Charizard has the highest base stat total of the three fully evolved forms of the Generation I starter Pokémon (as compared to Blastoise's base stat total at 530, and Venusaur's at 525).
- In the games, Rhyhorn has almost exactly the same cry as Charizard, albeit slightly different pitches.
- Charizard is the only form of any starter to be part
- Oddly, in Generation One, Charizard can't learn fly, despite it being part flying type.
- Its shiny form is black rather than yellow unlike its previous forms.
- A Charizard is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, along with Squirtle and Ivysaur.
- Charizard's Shiny form has changed quite a few times. Originally, it was purple with blue-green eyes and had green inner-wings. Then, it was blue-ish black with red eyes and red inner wings and it's stomach color was a greener hue. Now, it looks the same as before, just it's slightly darker blue. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Charizard's blue costume is assumed to be a remake of the Shiny form, just with blue inner wings, blue eyes, and very light purple/pinkish purple. Afterwards, it was remade to be black with a greener stomach, red eyes and red inner wings.
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data