Breloom is a small, bipedal, lizard-like Pokémon. It has a green body and legs, with a light colored head and tail. On top of its head is a green, hat-like structure that resembles a mushroom cap. On either side of this cap are red orbs with black dots in the middle, resembling eyes. A small cluster of seeds is located on the tip of its tail and can be used in attacks. Its arms are not visible, as it tucks them in, leaving only two red claws on either hand visible. Despite this appearance, Breloom can extend his arms out to attack.
Breloom's two possible abilities are Effect Spore or Poison Heal. With Effect Spore, there is a chance that when physically attacked, Breloom will inflict Paralysis, Sleep or Poison on the enemy. With Poison Heal, Breloom will recover 1/8 of its health if poisoned, though this only works in battle.
Breloom are also very strong for their size, and they are also extremely fast.
Breloom is the evolved form of Shroomish, which evolves into Breloom at level 23.
In the anime
- Breloom's first appearance was in the episode "A Shroomish Skirmish." In this episode, a group of Breloom attacked Ash and his friends for stealing food. Toward the episode's end, May's Torchic evolved into a Combusken and defeated the Breloom.
- Kenny owns a Breloom that he used during many of his contests.
|Black/White||Evolve Shroomish (Black only)||None|
|Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
|X||Y||Omega Ruby||Alpha Sapphire||Back|
- Prior to Generation V, Breloom had a unique type combination- it was the only Grass-Fighting type Pokémon. However, in Generation V, Legendary Musketeer Virizion was introduced and the title became void. However, no other non-legendary Pokémon has the same type combination as it.
- Breloom's Attack stat is higher than that of any other Grass-type.
- Breloom's name may be derived from "umbrella" and "mushroom".
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data