A female has shorter "hair" than a male. The V-shape on a female's "mask" is also smaller.
Blaziken has the special ability Blaze. With this, it is able to use Fire-Type moves with up to 150% damage, but only if its Hp is below 30%. In addition to this, Blaziken can leap to incredible heights with its impressive leg strength. It can also cover its fists and feet with fire while battling. In Pokemon Black and White, you can get a Torchic from Dream World with the ability Speed Boost, which makes it faster. This ability is then retained when Torchic is fully evolved into Blaziken. It can also leap over a skyscraper with a single jump. It can make flames spout from its wrists and ankles, cloaking its feet or fists, and practices a form of martial art with these abilities. The stronger the foe it faces, the more intensely its flames burn. It may also launch a fiery kick at the opponent.
In the Manga
In the Pokémon Adventures Manga, Sapphire owns a Blaziken.
In the animeHarrison. It was used here against a Sneasel that prevented the Silver Conference from beginning.
Blaziken first appeared as the evolved form of one of the starter Pokémon, Torchic, in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. It is Torchic's final evolved form, evolving from Combusken at level 36. Its fire-type attacks are more physical such as Blaze Kick and Fire Punch, as opposed to other attacks like Flamethrower and Fire Blast. In Heartgold and Soulsilver, you can receive a Torchic from Steven Stone.
Side game locations
|Pokémon Channel||Ruins of Truth|
|Pokémon Trozei!|| Secret Storage 20|
Mr. Who's Den
|Red Rescue Team & Blue Rescue Team||Evolve Combusken|
|Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness||Dark Crater Pit (B9F-B14F)|
|Pokémon Ranger||East Road|
|Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia||Altru Building|
- Main article: Blaziken/Learnset Generation III
- Main article: Blaziken/Learnset Generation IV
- Blaziken is the lightest final form of all starting Pokémon.
- The first and second evolutions of Gen. III-V fire starters are Fire-Fighting type.
- Blaziken's base attack is the second highest of all the final form starter Pokémon after Emboar.
- Its name is derived from the word "Blaze" and "Chicken".
- Blaziken is the only fire starter not able to learn Flamethrower through leveling up.
- It is thought that Blaziken's legs are based on MC Hammer's parachute pants.
- Though Blaziken is Fire/Fighting type, it can learn Mirror Move and Brave Bird. This may be because its face and hair are birdlike and its pre-evolutions resemble birds, but instead of flying it fights. -type moves such as
- Blaziken can cause fire to erupt from its wrists, usually during fights, though they may flare up more when angry or threatened.
Known trainers with a Blaziken
- Pokémon.com Pokédex
- Serebii.net Pokédex data
- Legendary Pokémon data
- The Pokémon Database
- Pokémon Dream Pokédex data
- Psypokes Psydex data