Ladies and gentlemen... ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?! BECAUSE THE TIME HAS COME FOR ASH'S FINAL GYM BATTLE AND IT'LL BLOW YOUR EARDRUMS AWAY!
Since the Gym in Opelucid City was closed, Ash had to use the Virbank City Gym as a substitute and here he meets the ultra-punky Roxie who has a Koffing (from Ash's home region in Kanto while they perform a rock concert). And introducing her band, "Koffing and the Toxics." He find out soon enough that the Virbank Gym doubles as a live venue. With a loud Thunderbolt from Pikachu to rock their socks off! Ash challenges the young Poison-type Gym Leader to a Poisonous Gym Battle in which she accepts with one condition: Ash will battle with a full team of six Pokémon while she uses only three Poison-type Pokemon. What Poison-type Pokémon strategy will this next generation Pretty Poison have up her sleeve? The Virbank Gym 6 on 3 battle begins now!
- Prior to this episode, Ash swapped Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy and Krokorok for Boldore, Unfezant, Leavanny and Palpitoad.
- Although Krokorok got swapped with Boldore first from the last episode.
- Roxie is the first Gym Leader who made her anime debut prior to the game she was in. (Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2)
- There was a moment similar to IL014: Electric Shock Showdown where trainers were being beaten one after another by Roxie.
- The effect of poison has the same visual as the effect of paralysis in the anime, only purple.
- Apart from Pikachu and Meowth, Koffing is the first non-Unova Pokemon to appear physically in the Unova region.
- Who's that Pokemon?: Koffing (US).
- This is the second time Koffing was featured in "Who's that Pokémon?" in the English version. The first time was way back in IL002: Pokémon Emergency!
- Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld, who was a substitute voice for Jasmine, provides the voice for Roxie.
- Despite Ash had seeing Koffing before, this is the first time he used the pokedex for Roxie's Koffing.
| This article has an incomplete plot or synopsis.|
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.