Behold, for the time has come to win Ash's 7th gym badge after arriving in Icirrus City since his Krokorok is ready to battle in the Icirrus Gym. Ash faces off against Brycen, the movie star action hero turned Kung-Fu Master and Gym Leader of the Icirrus City Gym with his team full of Ice-types with and icy, frozen Pokemon Battlefield made of ice. Will Ash be able to beat this superb Ice-type Gym Leader? And why are Iris and Axew in full winter gear? Because the Icirrus City Gym is an Ice-type Gym.
Ash: Grab some of those stones!
Ash's Krokorok: Kra-ko! Rok! (as he caught them in his hands).
Brycen: Now what!?
Iris: But why?
(Flashes back to the scene when Bianca's Emboar throws the stones back at Trip's Conkeldurr with Fling)
Cilan: It's what Bianca's Emboar did during the Clubsplosion.
- This episode is the third one in which Pikachu was left out of a Gym Battle since Brycen was using all Ice-type Pokémon.
- This episode marks the first time Ash battles a Beartic other than Iris battling Georgia's in BW036: Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster!.
- That's the second time Ash return his Pokemon for now until the end of a gym battle. First was Tranquill in BW070: An Amazing Aerial Battle! when it evolved into Unfezant (Female Form) in the third and final round of the Mistralton City Gym battle against Skyla and her Swanna.
- This is the second time Ash looked up Vanillish on the Pokedex. First was BW059: The Mighty Accelguard to the Rescue! when Dr. Furrary a.k.a. Cryogonalman leader of Team Vanillite summons out Vanillish since he doesn't have one when he and their two henchmen are arrested.
- The animation of Pignite using Flame Charge was used again since BW013: Minccino-Neat and Tidy! and BW051: Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader! even though the second version of Pignite using Flame Charge was introduced in BW079: Evolution by Fire!.
- The way Ash's Krokorok using Stone Edge and Crunch against Beartic is the same animation as Clay's Krokorok in BW063: Battling the King of the Mines!
- That's the third time in a row when Ash's Scraggy's Hi Jump Kick missed. First was BW072: The Clubsplosion Begins! during the Clubsplosion Tournament battle with Angus and Simisage. Second was BW076: Battling the Leaf Thieves! while trying to attack the Durants in their nest to rescue Iris' Axew.
- Although Scraggy tried to hit on Katherine's Gothita once with Hi Jump Kick when she's playing around with him in BW057: Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita!
- This marks the first time Scraggy's Focus Blast hits Vanillish since it failed everytime during the days of the Clubsplosion in BW072: The Clubsplosion Begins!, BW073: Searching for the Clubultimate!, BW074: A Clubsplosion of Excitement!, and BW075: Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown!, but in the second Icirrus City Gym battle it didn't hit on Cryogonal.
- This is the second time a gym leader's third pokemon use this move as a defense. First was Skyla's Swanna using Aqua Ring to master it as a defense in BW070: An Amazing Aerial Battle!, and Brycen's Beartic is using Icicle Crash as a defense as well.
- Ash told his Krokorok to grab the stones from the Stone Edge the same way Bianca's Emboar grabbed them from Trip's Conkeldurr's but differently in BW074: A Clubsplosion of Excitement! when Bianca told him to send the stones back with Fling after he caught them. Then she tells him to steal the concrete pillars from Conkeldurr and throw them back with Fling again to win the match of Round 1 of the Clubsplosion Tournament.
- In the flashback, it is revealed that Ash learned something from Bianca when her Emboar caught the stones from the Stone Edge with her passion and plea during the final match-ups of Round 1 of the Clubsplosion. That is why he came up with a plan to get the stones to fly back, so Krokorok would be able to catch them.
- The way Krokorok use the two stones as swords to hit through Beartic's Aerial Ace is similar when Georgia's Bisharp use Iron head to hit through Gale's Druddigon to make it faint from the attack. And now Brycen's Beartic is fainted from Krokorok's attack too.
- As the episode ends, Iris and Axew looked a little worried because the destination to Opelucid City that Ash and co. are going to right now to get his 8th badge, is "actually" the Village of Dragons where she and Axew came from. That means Iris would have to tell the truth.
- Who's that Pokémon?: Vanillish (US).
|This article has an incomplete plot or synopsis. |
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.