Back on the road to Mistralton City, the Sunglasses Krokorok has returned once again to challenge Ash to a battle bent on defeating his rival, Pikachu since he followed them from Nimbasa Town, Nimbasa City, Driftveil City, and Chargestone Cave. During a rivalry battle, Pikachu and Krokorok are knocked for a loop after the move interception of Stone Edge and Electro Ball which caused the blast. Pikachu is seen rolling into the next town and he's found by a little boy name Nick who apparently had no confidence in himself. Ash and co. run into Krokorok again and find Pikachu with Nick. He explains that his friend Glen started something everytime always saying the word "Let's Battle!". Meanwhile Glen and Shaun are having a pokemon battle just for fun which causes Glen to start a fight with Shaun when Blitzle dodged Patrat's Tackle. Can Ash help this budding young trainer how to battle right so he could battle his friends with his Pikachu? Yes. And will they receive help from an unexpected source? Yes, with a little help from Krokorok to team up with Pikachu in a double battle against Scolipede and Seismitoad.
The Sunglasses Krokorok battles Pikachu again the second time in the end but loses the battle.
Krokorok was sadly about to leave when he lost but Ash told him to come with him as part of his team as he accepts and Ash catches him with his Poke Ball
- In flashbacks, Krokorok watched Ash participate in the finals against Iris in the Don Battle Tournament in Nimbasa Town in BW044: The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome!, in Nimbasa City he tried to get on the train in BW053, saw Ash enter the Driftveil Gym in Driftveil City in BW063 and was the one who threw the pen that belonged to Prof. Cedric Juniper that startled the Klingklang in BW065 inside Chargestone Cave.
- Krokorok almost did the "blasting off gag" in the beginning of the episode as Ash's Pikachu didn't blast off that far in their separate directions.
- As Ash and co. move into the next town where his Pikachu got blown off in this direction, how did Krokorok managed to get back in the scene even though he got blasted off that far away?
- Poison Tail returns to the series.
- Who's that Pokémon?: Krokorok (Japan) Scolipede (U.S.)
- Ash and co. may have encountered several Scolipedes that are wild in the wilderness in Unova before since BW009: The Bloom Is on Axew!, and some Palpitoads before since BW034: Ash and Trip's Third Battle!. And some of the Scolipedes and Palpitoads belonged to many trainers in Unova including Ash's Palpitoad and Clay's Palpitoad excluding Seismitoad, the evolved form of Palpitoad.
- This is the second time Ash looked up Scolipede on the Pokedex since BW009: The Bloom Is on Axew! but the difference is, it said "the evolved form of Whirlipede" which the Castelia City Gym leader Burgh has one in BW025: Battling For The Love of Bug-Types! which it battled Ash's Sewaddle now evolved into Swadloon and lost.
- This is the only time in the episode when Ash looked up each Pokemons on the Pokedex one by one when another image picture of another pokemon appears.
- This is the third time Ash's Pikachu used Thunderbolt on a Unova Ground type Pokemon that wouldn't work. First was the Sunglasses Sandile in BW020: Dancing With the Ducklett Trio! since it evolved into Krokorok in the end and got blown away. Second was Iris' Excadrill in BW044: The Club Battle Finale: A Heroes Outcome! during the finals in the battle tournament in Nimbasa Town. This time he used it on the Sunglasses Krokorok.
- This is the second time Ash mentioned about Krokorok's type is. The first was BW063: Battling the King of the Mines! but the difference is, Ash told Pikachu that its a Ground-type, and now he said to Nick that its a Ground/Dark-type.
- This is the 2nd time Ash caught a pokemon that wears a sunglasses. First was the leader of the Squirtle Squad named Squirtle in IL012 Here Comes the Squirtle Squad. The difference is, there were no other Krokoroks like this one to follow that Ash's Pikachu encountered with.
- This episode would be the last time the Sunglasses Krokorok do the "blast off gag" from Team Rocket three times in each episode before he was caught by Ash. Which is BW012: Here Comes the Trubbish Squad! as a Sandile, and BW020: Dancing With the Ducklett Trio! since it evolved already.
- Its true that Iris said that Krokorok's not one of Ash's Pokemon and happens to be a #1 rival for Pikachu but when Ash told him to come along with the group when he felt sad after he lost to Pikachu in the end, he's now one of Ash's as a new friend and catches him with his Poke Ball.
|This article is an anime stub.|
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.