After the events of the last episode cause of Team Rocket, and restoring the Chargestone Cave, home of Galvantulas and Joltiks, Ash and co. arrive at Prof. Juniper's base camp at Chargestone Cave. Bianca is now ready to trade her Shelmet for an Escavalier as a Karrablast Professor Juniper caught by using the Pokémon Trade Machine. But first, they have to record the data of Shelmet and Karrablast before the trade by having a Pokémon battle. Suddenly, the battle is halted when a sudden electrical wave comes from the cavern. They soon discover the source: a Klinklang in Area 7. When they examine the gear Pokémon, they notice its gears are stuck because of a pen caught between them. After Professor Juniper pulls the pen out of Klinklang's gears, everything reverts back to normal as Ash and co. go back to base camp to let the Evolution Exchange begin. The trade is successful, but when Bianca wants to try out her new Pokémon, it evolved into an Escavalier for some reason. What happened to make it possible? Why won't Bianca's Escavalier obey her? That's because Escavalier still has Karrablast's aggressive personality when they're in a middle of a battle.
- Cedric Juniper
- Trade Machine V 5.0
- The way Shelmet and Karrablast evolve sounds near similar to another method of evolution explained in IL066: The Evolution Solution.
- Karrablast would use the shell Shelmet discards as armor as an Escavalier, whereas, as an Accelgor, Shelmet would gain incredible speed from not carrying the shell anymore.
- Bianca had the same problem that Ash had with his Charmeleon in IL044: The Problem with Paras and Dawn had with Piloswine (which now evolved into Mamoswine) in DP106: A Breed Stampede! : Her newly evolved Escaviler had gone beserk and wouldn't obey her.
- Cedric Juniper did not appear until the end of the episode.
- This is the first episode to depict an evolution by trading.
- This is the second time Ash looked up Shelmet on the Pokédex since it's debut in BW051: Enter Elesa, Electrifying Gym Leader!.
- This is the second time Ash looked up on a Pokémon in its final evolved form on the Pokédex since BW018: Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest
- This is the second time a person looked up Accelgor on the Pokédex. First was Ash he looked up in BW059: The Mighty Accelguard to the Rescue! when one Accelgor is with a partner name Charles back in Driftveil City.
- This is the second time Ash and Cilan are put in a Pokémon Tag Battle since BW053: Lost at the Stamp Rally! when they both battle against Ingo and Emmet: The Subway Bosses of Nimbasa City and lost. This time, they win against Professor Juniper and Bianca.
- This is the second time the soundtrack opening title of Arceus and the Jewel of Life is used when Ash and co. are about to have a Tag Battle. First was BW064: Crisis at Chargestone Cave!.
- This is the third consecutive episode to feature the evolution of a main or recurring character's Pokémon, with Bianca's newly-traded Karrablast evolving into Escavalier.
- This is also the second consecutive episode to feature the evolution of a main or recurring character's Bug-type Pokemon (Cilan's Dwebble evolved in the last episode).
- This episode currently holds the record for most Pokédex entries in a single episode (the Pokemon being scanned are: Shelmet, Karrablast, Klink, Klinklang, Accelgor and Escavalier).
- This is the fifth episode to depict a trade on-screen.
- Professor Oak's Live Caster: Duosion
- Who's That Pokémon?: Shelmet (Japan), Karrablast (U.S.)
- When Ash looked at Klink in the Pokedex, it said Klang
|This article is an anime stub.|
Please help the Pokémon Wiki by expanding it.