Ash and co. finally arrive at Nimbasa City, where Ash hopes to get his fourth badge. Cilan is happy as a kid in a candy store to be on a subway as he's a Metro Connoissuer, and as they were riding, they suddenly stop and saw a mysterious ghost train passing through. They meet Ingo and Emmet, the Subway Bosses of the Battle Subway who are investigating the cause of this disturbance. However, as Ash and co. got to the Pokemon Center, all communications has been cut offline, and the Driftveil Drawbridge is offline too. Plus, Meowth's plan had come to fruition, but what is it? He's going to betray Ash and co. by going back to Team Rocket as he steals every Pokemons in the Pokemon Center including Pikachu and Axew in their ghost train.
The gang has arrived to Nimbasa City. Cilan is quite happy, as he can explain the way people use transport - the trains. To get in a specific location, people use the trains instead. Cilan tells them that the trains are specific to the Nimbasa City and has once been in the train convention, even if Iris is unhappy that Cilan is a Conossiuer specializing in trains. When they wait for a train, they do spot a train passing, but did not stop.
The Subway Bosses, Ingo and Emmet arrive, meting Cilan once more. They explain that some days ago the haunted train has came to the subway and they are powerless against it, they cannot stop it, much to Cilan's shock. Ash still wants the Gym battle, but Meowth tells him they should go to Pokemon Center first. When they come, Nurse Joy tells them that they have a relaxation room for Pokemon. Meowth is eager to come, so Ash, Iris and Cilan give their Pokemon.
As Ash, Iris and Cilan go to eat, Meowth wants to make a call. Meowth calls some people, telling them to initiate the operation and goes back to go to the relaxation room. Ash also reminds himself he needs to make a call. He calls Prof. Oak and tells him he is in Nimbasa City. Oak is pleased to hear that, but unexpectadily, the link to Oak is lost. Ash tells this problem to Iris and Cilan, so they go to the Driftveil Drawbridge, seeing it offline. Cilan begins to think... and relizes their Pokemon are in danger!
Pikachu and Axew are asleep, so Meowth begins to throw the Poke Balls, along with Pikachu and Axew in cages. Axew and Pikachu awake as they are thrown in vents. Ash, Cilan and Iris came to the Pokemon Center and tell Nurse Joy of danger. When they enter the relaxation room, they see it empty. Ash, Iris and Cilan spot the opened vent shaft, so they go inside. At the end, they spot Team Rocket, Meowth and the haunted train. They go to get them, but the train starts to move. Cilan reports this to Subway Bosses, so they tell him there is a cart nearby.
They get aboard the cart and start the engine. They are near the haunted train, so Ash jumps, but the train is revealed to be fake! The cart crashes, so Cilan reports the damage. Ingo and Emmet see the dot on the underground map, but at the center, more dots appear! Team Rocket must've made more fake trains, as the inflattable ones are reproduced from the original.
The rest of the event follows in next episode.
"But I want to look at the pretty trains some more." Cilan
- Meowth tricks Ash again by going back to Team Rocket. This also happened in Jumping Rocket Ship in the Diamond and Pearl series.
- It is revealed that Meowth was not fired from Team Rocket after all. He co-operated with Ash and the gang until they arrived at the station (BW045).
- Meowth was in 4 episodes since (BW045).
- Ash's attitude toward Team Rocket is shown once again wavering between hostile and frenemy, as he explains he liked traveling with Meowth despite his betrayal and even let them escape without commanding Pikachu to chase after them.
- The Official site listed this episode under the title "To Catch a Ghost Train."
- This episode was shown in the UK before it hits the US not once but twice.
- This marks the first time since the start of the Diamond & Pearl series to mention Tracey.
- Who's That Pokemon?: Woobat (US)
- When Ingo and Emmet pointed their fingers up in the original Ingo said "We need to investigate further" however in the dub Ingo said "Always follow safe triangles. Point your finger to signal OKAY!"