With the unexpected addition of Meowth added to their roster, Ash and co. are still travelling North to Nimbasa City. During the trip, they meet a male Purrloin which both Meowth and Oshawott fall for, believing he is female. Jessie and James hatch a new scheme at the trainyard. Meanwhile, Cilan meets a girl named Misha who had lost her Purrloin and heard rumors of a Purrloin causing trouble around here. They manage to find it, and the gang but the Purrloin was not happy seeing Misha again thinkng she abandoned him. But when some sand made Ash and the others sink in the mine. Can they get out?
A Pokémon is seen seeing the fruit Tranquil left in its nest. As it goes to get it, it is spotted by another Tranquil. The Pokémon leaves behind the angry Tranquils. The gang is walking down the road. The Pokemon bumps into Meowth, who gets up angrily, but when he sees it, he becomes in love. The Pokémon is Purrloin - a Pokémon which Cilan cannot stand to be near. He remembers well the last time he was with a Purrloin - a very desperate fate for Cilan, that is. The angry Tranquils come and attack with Wing Attack. Ash sends Oshawott who uses Water Gun. Next, Pikachu electrocutes them with Thunderbolt.
Oshawott falls in love when he sees Purrloin. Cilan is terrified by the fact more trust the Purrloin. Even Iris trusts it and goes to capture it, using a Pokeball. Mewoth interferes, though the ball catches him, but fortunately enough for him, Meowth escapes the ball. Cilan and Ash think that Purrloin is not to be trusted, so they are both attacked by Oshawott's Water Gun. Ash drops his bag, so Purrloin sees the fruit he has been carrying. Meowth translates Purrloin has a friend trapped in the mines, so need to go there. James says he feels different without Mewoth, but Jessie tells him that Meowth's job is now theirs, and is sure Meowth is doing well.
Everyone believes Purrloin, except for Cilan, who decides to stay. The gang (except Cilan) goes up. Mewoth translates that Purrloin thinks that Ash's bag is heavy, but Ash says everything is fine, unfortunately for Purrloin. Cilan waits for others, and a woman with a broken arm comes, asking for a Purrloin. Cilan is shocked, and they run to the gang. Inside the mines, the path becomes less wider, so Ash gives Purrloin the bag, as he would be big for the small passage. They arrive to a pit, so Purrloin points that its friend is there. Ash, Iris, Mewoth, Oshawott and Pikachu go to the pit, but see nothing. However, what they do see is Purrloin going away with Ash's bag. Cilan and the woman come. The woman, named Misha, makes a flashback when she left Purrloin and states that she had to go, but had an accident and couldn't return home.
Purrloin does not trust her. Iris, Mewoth, Ash, Oshawott and Pikachu begin to be drowned in quicksand. Cilan throws a rope, so the woman and him begin to pull them up. Unfortunately, they fall down as well. Purrloin sees them and runs away. They have no choice left, so send Excadrill, Pansage and Snivy to pull the rope. Meowth and Oshawott are drowned. However, the help comes - Tranquils come to bring them up. Meowth translates that Purrloin asked help from the Tranquils (from whom it got the fruit). At the end of the day, Meowth and Oshawott want to ask Purrloin to a date, but Misha tells them Purrloin is male, much to their shock. At the Nimbasa City, at night, Jessie and James witness something being carried down by an helicopter.
- Purrloin: "Purr-loin"
- Misha:"You see, Purrloin's a guy."
- Meowth and Oshawott : "Aaaaaa!?"
As they were in a state of shock.
- Meowth:"A dude?"
- This episode marks the fourth time Meowth has fallen in love with a region's native cat Pokémon. The first three times were with a female Meowth named Meowsie, the second time was with a female Skitty that was under May's care, and the third time was with a female Glameow, which was short lived when it evolved into Purugly. However, the Purrloin in this episode was actually male pretending to be female in order to steal Ash's berries in his bag.
- Misha's Purrloin is confirmed male in the end of the episode making both Meowth and Ash's Oshawott to be in a state of shock.
- It is revealed in this episode that Cilan has a great fear of Purrloin, when he stated that one of them did something terrible to him to which he refuses to talk about as he does not want to remember it.
- Iris attempt to catch Purrlion failed because Meowth was in the way. This was the 2nd time Meowth was almost caught by Iris even though she wanted to catch Purrloin.
- This episode aired in America on the same day as the theatrical release in America of the 14th movie White - Victini and Zekrom.
- Professor Oak's Live Caster: Beartic
- Who's That Pokémon?: Purrloin (US)