With Nimbasa City drawing closer Ash has a battle with a trainer named Stephan and his Blitzle. However, during the battle, Ash had to postpone the battle since Oshawott lost its scalchop. How will Oshawott defend itself without its prized possession? Will they ever find it again?
Ash sends his Oshawott out, while Stephan his Blitzle. Joltik attacks Oshawott, and as Oshawott attempts to block the attack, his Scalchop disappears and the attacks shocks Oshawott! Oshawott is desperate to find the shell, so Stephan gives time for Ash to find the shell. Iris' Axew finds a bottle cap, but Oshawott isn't satisfied. Oshawott himself finds something that conducts electricity - Joltik. Iris finds some fruit so, Pikachu strikes Oshawott. Oshawott deflects the attack with the fruit, but soon after the fruit and Oshawott are struck with electricity.
Cilan sends his Dwebble. He orders the Dwebble to shape the rock into a Scalchop. Pikachu strikes Oshawott, but Oshawott isn't strong enough to lift the rock, so is (again) struck with electricity. Ash then trains Oshawott. Oshawott attempts to life the rock, but fails.
The night after, Oshawott has illusions of moon being his Scalchop. Ash appears, suggesting they should train again. After the training, Oshawott succeeded to life the rock. The next day, the gang searches for Stephan, seeing him to ride a bike (in one place) to have his Blitzle stronger. Blitzle attacks Oshawott, while Oshawott deflects with the rock. However, Blitzle uses full power and bashes the rock.
Oshawott then evades Blitzle's attacks (due to his improved speed). With Blitzle gaining upon him, Ash declares Oshawott to use Aqua Jet. Despite the attack is uncoordinated, Blitzle gains on him. However, Oshawott strikes Blitzle and defeats him. Iris' Axew found the Scalchop, making Oshawott place upon his belly and making him happy. In the end, the gang continues going to Nimbasa City.
- Like Cilan, Stephan has no sclera in his eyes.
- This is yet another episode in which Team Rocket does not appear.
- In this episode, Ash calls Razor Shell by its Japanese name (Shell Blade).
- The Iapapa Berry looks a lot like a Figy Berry.
- Stephan uses the same trick Ash used in IL005: Showdown in Pewter City, except he's using a bike generator instead of a Hydro-Electric Plant's water wheel.
- Stephan seems to have the same running gag as Butch except no one pronounces his name right instead of calling him different names.
- When Oshawott tries to find his scalchop, he finds a bottle-cap. This moment is probably an homage to James' old bottle-cap collection.
- Who's That Pokemon?: Blitzle (US)
- It also came out the same day as the Pokémon Typing Adventures got released.
- Stephan's name was said completely wrong as Ash said it. His name is mostly mistaken in other episodes.